The Top 3 Reasons Most Marketers Fail
There must be some reason why some internet marketers seem to be highly successful while others struggle to make their first sale. Said another way, what is the secret that these top producers know and how can I learn it? Actually, the answer may be simpler than you think. In my opinion, there are three top reasons why most marketers fail. Learn to avoid these traps and you will be on your way to becoming one of those ‘top’ producers you read about. I call it ‘ESP’.
E – ELIMINATE distractions and become organized.
Having a successful internet business is a job and takes work. If you’re dreaming of having the money rolling in without having to do much of anything, it’s just simply not going to happen. However, if you are smart about how you structure your business, once you’ve done something, then you won’t have to do it again. The use of autoresponders is a great example.
Most of us try and do too much when we’re first getting started. We’re on the email ‘list’ of every marketer, download every free report, check out every new ‘Make $10,000 this month offer’, and look at so many options we never seem to get anything done. We spend so much time clicking on every email, answering every twitter, going to facebook, etc. throughout the day that we end up wondering where the day went and why nothing got done. Decide what are the important things you need to do, develop a schedule, and then do them!
S – SIMPLIFY your life and focus on what’s important.
When you get right down to it, there are only three things you need to do in order to be successful with your internet marketing and have it become a career for you. Once you recognize that this is the key, eliminate all the extraneous things you are doing and spend your time concentrating on these three:
1.Develop an offer. You have to have something you are selling or promoting. It can be your own product or a product you are promoting as an affiliate. Many affiliates develop a great income without ever having their own product to promote. Other marketers develop their own product and sell it through a membership site, clickbank, or through other affiliates. Decide on your product and then move to step 2
2. Develop a list to promote to. You’ve probably heard that ‘the money is in the list’. This is most definitely true. If you don’t have a list of people to send your offers to, then you don’t have anyone to buy your product. So many people work hard to develop a website and get it online, and then they can’t understand why the sales aren’t pouring in. The answer is simple – they have no list to promote to. If you are going to be successful in internet marketing, you must develop a list – no ifs, ands, or buts.
3. Promote to your list. Once you have a list, you have to continually promote your product or offer to your list. At some point, you will want to become an affiliate for others and seek out affiliates to help promote your product. Every wonder why every time a ‘guru’ gets ready to launch a new product, you get tons of emails from different marketers promoting that very product. They’re all in it together and are working together to help each other make money. In your marketing efforts, you want to be able to get to that point with your product promotion.
P – PARALYSIS by Analysis. Perhaps the biggest mistake most marketers succumb to is paralysis by analysis. They spend so much time analyzing every detail of what they’re doing and trying so hard to get everything ‘just right’ that they end up never getting anything accomplished. Whether it’s a website, a blog, a marketing newsletter, a membership site, or any type of informational product, the key is to not wait until every detail is absolutely perfect. Do what you need to do in order to get started, get it online and making money, and refine it as you go.
Learn the pitfalls of ESP and how to avoid them and you will be on your way to success as an internet marketer. There are resources on this site that can help you achieve your goals. Make a plan for what you what to do and accomplish, identify the resources to help you achieve your goals, and then just go do it!
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Effortless Internet Marketing Methods For Success Are you constantly on the lookout for new ways to improve your internet marketing campaigns? You're about to learn some internet marketing techniques that will give you the success you're after. Analytics is one of those things where the total influence it has mainly rests on other considerations. So then......
- Professional Blogging Roundup: The Early Veteran's Day Edition We hope you enjoy this latest edition of the Professional Corporate Blogging Roundup. We endeavor to bring new and helpful links to your attention by highlighting them. Here are some links we thought were worthwhile from the past week: Corporate Affiliate Product Reviews presents Blogging for Internet Marketers: How to......
- Better Internet Marketing Structure to Lean On. Useful Information to Consider Why can people see? Why can we hear? Why can people speak? Why can people stand, walk, jump, and sit? In other words, how do we live in this world? Thanks to science and technology, we know now. People can see as we have a pair of eyes. People can......
- Why Certificates of Deposit Are A Good Idea Today's article is written by guest blogger Jim of Bargaineering. If you've saved up a few dollars and aren't sure if you should put them in the stock market or stick them in your mattress, let me give you another suggestion: put your funds into a certificate of deposit (CD).......
- Customizing Your Internet Marketing Strategy The internet marketing strategy you select to use is something of a personal choice and has to be given a lot of thoughts. While working on the internet it is recommended to get the most out of your time and efforts because they will be required. Keeping it in mind,......