Relationship Building Secrets
We’ve already discussed how important it is to build a relationship with the members of your list. Still, that doesn’t mean it’s easy. The chances are good that you are competing with several other marketers who have a list in your niche, and you need to come out on top to win.
That means building a relationship, gaining their trust, and really standing out. Yes, you probably want to make as much money as possible with your list, but that often means having them trust you first.
This is your “give,” while the monetary gains they will eventually receive is your “take.”
Tip #26 — Keep The Long-Term Results In Your Mind
If you’ve been a member of other lists you might have noticed that they seem to “use” their list members. This can really make you feel sick and used.
The same thing can happen with members who join your list. Before you send your message, always think about the long-term effects that message could have. If you’re just trying to make a quick buck, and you’re not promoting quality, it will come back to bite you in the end.
That means if you’re an affiliate you should review the products that you’re promoting to make sure they are high quality. Don’t promote something just because there is a high commission for you! The same thing applies if you sell physical products. Make sure that everything you do and the products that you promote are in the best interest of those who have subscribed.
Tip #27 — Showcase Yourself As An Expert
The people who have signed up for your list have probably done so because they want to learn more about what you have to say. They would not sign up if they weren’t sure they could learn valuable information or gain some insights for doing so.That’s why you should present yourself as an expert at all times. That doesn’t mean being “cocky” or giving out false information. It simply means relaying information you deem important, and knowing that the advice you’re giving is in the best interest for the members of your list.
People trust and look up to experts. Your relationship with your list will grow stronger than ever as you share your expert strategies, tips, and tricks to help your list members.
Tip #28 — Show Your Members Real Results or Data
If you run a business that can offer case studies or data; you will get the best results by sharing these things with your list members.
For example, if you are an expert at selling items on eBay, you can show real-life case studies from your sales last week. Show people how you write your copy, price your items, and got the most out of each sale.
This works across many different types of businesses. The point is that people like to see real-time results, and they are often impressed by and respond to them.
This works very well if you are eventually going to promote a product that you have used. So, as an eBay seller, you might have read some books that helped you get to the point you’re at now.
You can recommend the same books to other people, and earn commission from them if you don’t have your own product.
Tip #29 — Show Your Readers That You Care
One thing that should be at the top of your agenda at all times is showing your list members that you care about them. This is especially true in some niches where people are going through a difficult period in their lives. It doesn’t matter which niche you’re in, however, people are more likely to be responsive if they know that you care about their needs, wants, and desires.
By simply empathizing with them and showing that you know exactly what they are going through, you will appear as more trustworthy. It should be easy for you to do as you are an expert in the topic and you know a lot about the people in your niche. If you’re not quite sure about what they’re going through, you can always visit niche forums and read posts written by people in the niche.
For instance, if your niche is pregnancy fitness, then visit pregnancy message boards and search for “exercise” to see what questions, comments, and concerns your potential readers may have.
Tip #30 — Ask For Their Feedback
Just because you have an autoresponder sequence set up does not mean it has to be a one-sided conversation. You can get a lot of valuable information simply by surveying your list members every so often and asking for input.
Give them some sort of incentive for filling out a survey for you (free report, audio, video, discount coupon, or free service), and you’ll gain access to what they really need and want from your list. This helps build your relationship with your readers because they feel like they are valued and that you really care about them and their needs.
How do you set up a survey?
You can simply have them reply to your e-mail messages, or you can set up a more formal poll or survey. There are many popular options out there, with one of the well known ones being SurveyMonkey.com.Related Websites
- Guide to Finding Niche Rare Coin Dealers Coin collecting is a hobby which has been popular ever since the United States was first founded. There are many kinds of rare coins which are available for trade or purchase. These different kinds of coins are best sold by those who know how to sell them. While there are......
- Networking Brings Value at Real Estate Investment Clubs [/caption] Real estate investment clubs are an invaluable resource for investors of all experience levels. Whether it is finding a seasoned professional in the area to be a mentor or forging partnerships for future opportunities, real estate investment clubs offer a low cost opportunity to build substantial and lucrative contacts.......
- The Complete Guide To Joint Venture Marketing When most people think of Joint Venture Marketing, what comes to mind is usually basic information that's not particularly interesting or beneficial. But there's a lot more to Joint Venture Marketing than just the basics. To learn more about marketing click internet marketing business. What Is A Joint Venture? A......
- Your List Building Project – Simple Mistakes That Can Destroy It For those of you who know a lot about marketing online, you are probably familiar with the saying “lists will get you cash”. Leading online marketers are always teaching their students that creating focused email lists of potential members is essential. And the fact is, yes this is the holy......
- Marketing Dos and Donts For Corporate Bloggers When you first start your corporate blog, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of coming across a new marketing medium. You suddenly have access to millions of readers that are just dying to know about your products, right? Wrong! Your readers are out there, but they don’t......
Tip #22 — Study The Basics Of Copyrighting Before Getting Started
You may not think of yourself as a copywriter, but I recommend that you study the basics of copy to make the most of your list.
Elements such as the AIDA formula will certainly improve the responsiveness of your list.
AIDA stands for:
This means capturing their attention, interest, desire, and finally having them perform the desired action.
No, I’m certainly not recommending that you hold off on starting a list or growing your list until you’re a highly skilled copywriter, but I do recommend that you continue to study copywriting to continually improve your results.
If this sounds really difficult, you may wish to purchase an ecourse with PLR rights at www.MostlySanePLR.com
Tip #23 — Focus On The Subject Line
While all elements of the e-mail are important, you will want to focus on the subject line.
If people don’t like what they see and are not enticed to click, they simply will not open your message. On the other hand, if your headline is attention-grabbing, they can’t help but click on your message to see it. Once they’ve opened your e-mail, it’s going to be that much easier to build your relationship and make sales.
My absolute favorite course on this topic is:
Subject Line Secrets by Jimmy D. Brown
Tip #24 — Study Autoresponder E-mails That You’ve Responded To
As a marketer, the chances are good that you’re receiving emails from several other lists. Do you notice that you open some marketers e-mails more than others? You can learn a lot from this.
Save the e-mails that really grab your attention and make you respond, either by “labeling” them if you’re using Gmail.com or sorting those messages into a folder marked “Hot Copy”.
You can “swipe” certain copy ideas (not the subject lines themselves, but the ideas used) for use in your own e-mails to make them more attention-grabbing and response-inducing.
Tip #25 — Consider The Length Of Your E-mails
There are some people who hate writing so much that their e-mails are only ever a paragraph or so long. There are others who are so prolific that their e-mails go on for pages. It’s probably best to find something in between.
If you are a writer who tends to go on and on, you have to remember that people are very busy. They often don’t have time to read long e-mails. On the other hand, you’re probably not providing much value or making enough of an effort if your e-mails are too short.
Find a happy medium, and your response rates will likely improve.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Tips for Improving Number of Blog Visitors All bloggers are looking for ways that they can improve the popularity of their blog, in order to increase the number of blog visitors. They work hard to make their blogs popular, and spend most of their spend time doing this. The longer that you blog, the more little tips......
- An Introduction To Phishing, Fraudulent And Malicious Websites Whether we like it or not, we are all living in the Information Age. We have nothing left but adapt to rapidly developing information technology, no matter who we are and what we do for living. The Internet, in particular, means for us boundless opportunities in life and business but......
- Your MLM Business Is Not Your Business... What is your primary mlm business? Image by stefano principato via Flickr Are YOU taking the right actions to move yourself forward?Â There has been a term coined called program hopping. A program hopper is a person who goes from program to program always promoting the next best thing.......
- Direct Mailing For Internet Marketers And Online Business Owners It may not have crossed your mind as an Internet marketer to use direct mail to send out word of your online business. This is something that you should correct immediately. Simply, direct mail is one of the tried and true methods of spreading the word about your business. Regular......
- Golden Rules of Product Marketing Success If you would like to promote your business online, check out these ten valuable internet marketing tips for you: Set definite goals. There are a variety of website marketing strategies that you can choose from. Before taking action, it’s important to clearly define your purpose. For example, would you......
Tweeting – Get Social!
There is an art to using Twitter to its full capabilities. The most important thing to remember is to be social and really interact with people in a new way.
The quickest way to ruin your Twitter credibility – whether you are a new user or a seasoned vet – is to use Twitter as a platform to hype your sales pitch and hawk your products. Twitter is about networking – not about direct sales. It’s Twitter, not Tupperware. Your goal isn’t to see what the tally is at the end of the day. Instead, your goal is about how many people come to the convention – your website. Well, if you’ve ever dealt with an over-zealous party planner, you know you love to hear about what they do, but not every time you hear from them and certainly not several times a day.
Disclaimer: Of course, sales are the lifeblood of every business and whatever industry you are in, if you can sell aggressively and deliver what you sell, you’re on the road to mega-success.
My point is Twitter is not the store front. It’s the vehicle that takes you to the storefront. And on Twitter – is all about the ride on the way to the sale. So get tweeting and have a little fun, while connecting with people for a bit before you try to sell them your products and services.
To tweet most successfully, vary your messages between encouraging and uplifting others, offering helpful tidbits in your area of expertise, sharing a bit about your real life and the occasional offer or link to your site. You should consider a ratio of about 20 to 1. In other words, for every sales tweet, you need 20 interactive tweets without pitches or site links. The exception to this is if you have a blog with frequently updated content. There is nothing wrong with letting people know you’ve posted to your blog, but it is critical that you are also posting the other types of tweets.
Answering the Ever Popular Question, “What Are You Doing?”
To post a tweet (or message) on Twitter, select the Home link from your navigation links. Fill in the box that asks “What are you doing?” Remember, you only have 140 characters to work with so make it count!
Type in your answer letting others know what you’re up to. Click the “Update” button. You message has now been sent and others will see it.
Replies & Direct Messages
One of the best ways to use Twitter is to reply to other people’s tweets. When someone asks a question or makes a comment you can answer or respond to, use the @ sign before their username to reply to them. Here’s an example:
Notice how all the tweets directed to the user NicoleDean had the @symbol before her username? You can check all of your own replies by clicking the replies tab on the right side of your homepage.
You can also click on the small arrow at the end of the user’s tweet you are replying to. When you reply to someone in this way, others can see what you are saying as the reply shows up on the Tweet timeline.
So, what do you do if you want to send a private message to someone without everyone else on Twitter seeing it?
If you want to carry on an exclusive conversation with one person for more than a few tweets, it’s a good idea to use the direct message (DM) feature. This allows for privacy (great for things like getting email addresses, phone numbers, etc.) from the entire Twitter universe (Twuniverse).
You can go to your DM folder from your Twitter home page by clicking the link on the right hand side of the page. Once you’re there, you will see a drop down list of the people you can direct message.
Note: The only way this feature works is when both parties are following each other.
The other way you can direct message someone is by typing the letter D, leaving a space and typing the username – without the @ sign preceding it in the text box of your home page. Example: D username
One way to interact on Twitter is by re-tweeting something someone else has said. Re-tweeting is simply repeating what another user has said, preceded by an @ and their username. If you want to re-tweet something a particular user has said simply type the following, like in this example!
Re-tweeting helps you out in two different ways:
- It provides content to your followers.
- It gets you in with the original tweeter.
Re-tweet fairly often, but keep it for things that are truly worth repeating. Again, don’t use this method of communication as your sole type of tweet, but mix it in with your other posts.
Another way to spread the word even more about you (and your business) is to provide your followers with quality information that will have them re-tweeting your messages to their followers!
So, how do you find people to follow and more importantly get followers of your own? After all, no one likes talking to themselves, right?
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Strategies For Developing A Solid Network Marketing Team What Makes A Good Network Marketing Team? [/caption] Success in network marketing comes down to duplication. Unless your business is taking on a life of its own it simply will never grow past your direct referrals.Â Do you ever wonder why when someone joins your business they never seem to......
- Where Should You Do Your Research To Create The Best Content? Doing the right kind of research is essential if you want to create quality content for the web. You can't very well create informative posts or articles if you haven't done the proper research first. Even if you want to give your own perspective on the topic, you still have......
- Advertising on Facebook If you are not already making use of Facebook as a method of marketing your business or niche, then you are absolutely missing out on a great opportunity to reach out to hundreds of millions of active users. Today, Facebook has become one of the most popular online social networking......
- The Blogger’s Guide to Meaningful Engagement on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter This guest post is by Neil Patel of KISSmetrics. When it comes to social media, Facebook, Google+, and Twitter are the big three. If you’re not on these social sites, then you are missing out on great business opportunities. If you are on these sites, however, you probably know......
- 5 Twitter Tools for Better Blogging Are you already familiar with the micro blogging platform known as Twitter, and what it can do for the online marketing world, especially when it comes to blogging? Twitter is taking off so swiftly that it offers its own language, with tweeps/tweeples being followers of tweeting, or making posts in......
Show ‘Em Who You Are
Your next step in preparing your Twitter profile is to upload a picture to be shown with your tweets and on your home page. Click the “Picture” tab and upload your photo of choice.
This isn’t the time to be shy. Use a real photo of yourself. You want your followers to see you as a real person, so they choose to interact with you and a real photo goes a long way toward helping people connect with you. It helps to use the same photo you use on other social media sites as well as on your own site or blog.
Give Your Page Some Personality
Finally, you can customize how your homepage looks under by clicking the “Design” tab. This feature allows you a small amount of flexibility in the look of your homepage.
There are a few default design backgrounds you can choose and you can change the colors of your background. It can be helpful to use colors that complement your website or blog colors as part of your branding strategy. The design feature in Twitter is pretty limited. If you are interested in a custom background, you can design your own in Photoshop, hire a designer or use a service like TwitterWebs.com or TwitDesign.com for a custom Twitter background.
If you have a custom background made, you can share more links with the people who view it. Although these links are not clickable, your background is a place you can at least let people know how they can connect with you. It’s a great place to share your other social media profile names or links, like Facebook and LinkedIn. You can post a phone number if you like or any other information about your business. While it’s good to have clear information available so people can find you if they like, be careful not to let your background become too crowded or cluttered. Keeping it simple is the best route to go.
Here’s an example of a custom background made by TwitDesign.com for the user NicoleDean.
Now that you’ve created your account and customized your profile, you’re ready to get started using your Twitter account. In other words, it’s time to tweet!
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Using Social Bookmarking To Promote Your Online Business Social bookmarking websites have been used for several years for finding and driving high quality traffic to business websites. It's a simple idea, marketers post quality content designed to help people, and a common result is that exchange will produce quality traffic to your site. As you can guess, since......
- Expand Your Business By Promoting It On Facebook Facebook has quickly emerged as one of the best ways to promote an online business. The way social networking sites are expanding, there's no reason why your business shouldn't reap the benefits of this trend. There are, however, certain principles you should be aware of if you want the time......
- Here's What Email Marketing Can Do For You Have you been looking for ways to advertise your services or products on the internet which won't cost you a large amount of money? Is it really possible to achieve this? You can promote your business on the internet in numerous ways, allowing you to generate new leads and attract......
- Get Twitter To Send People to Your Blog Twitter is an awesome tool for bloggers who want to share their blog socially and obtain traffic. Below are some easy to do things that can be done to get more visitors to your blog.Follow the Correct People: When it comes to locating your target market on Twitter, it is......
- Internet Network Marketing - Connect Conform Control Internet Network Marketing - I am gonna get all internal on you :) [/caption] In my martial art we focus on understanding the flow of energy so to speak. I am gonna make a connection for you with internet network marketing. In order to achieve control in your business you......
Using Twitter with Your Cell Phone
On the right hand side of your home page, you will see section towards the bottom labeled Device Updates with a link “Set up SMS Device.”
If you want to send and receive your Twitter messages from your mobile phone or an instant messenger, you can add that information here. Keep in mind however, if you use your cell phone to communicate on Twitter, you may be charged standard text messaging rates for your tweets.
Click on the “Notices” tab and you will find options for receiving email notifications when people follow you or when you receive a direct message. A direct message is a private message sent from one follower to another, without showing up in the general stream of tweets for others to see.
It’s a good idea to select the email option for direct messages (or DM’s, in Twitter-speak) as you don’t receive any other notification that you have one. All DM’s you receive do show up in a special section on your home page (labeled Direct Messages) but other than checking this area periodically, you won’t know they are accumulating without the email notifications.
It’s also nice to receive an email when you get a new follower so you have the opportunity to follow them back and/or send them a “welcome” message. (This is a great opportunity to let them know a bit more about you and your website, but don’t make it too sales pitchy. After all, you’ve just met!
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Phishing, Smishing and Vishing: Tips to Help Your Customers Avoid These Scams It sounds like the title of a nursery rhyme you've never heard of, but phishing, smishing, and vishing are the most prevalent methods of identity theft likely to affect your customers. Your business relationship could be at risk too in the event that it's your information cache that was stolen......
- Professional Blogging Roundup - Twitter Tools and More Welcome, welcome. Here's another roundup of what's going on around the blogosphere on blogging. Lots of Twitter tools and tips in this edition, be sure to check them out. Corporate Here are some Blogging Tips For Business Owners over at Best News Small Business Today. CIO Insight presents Robert Scoble......
- Targeted Traffic vs. "Converting" Traffic : A Unique Perspective on Internet Marketing via Twitter. If you've used Twitter for anything in Internet Marketing, you'll know that a "tweet" containing your message and links can only be a maximum of 140 characters long. If you look at this from an Email Marketing perspective, a "tweet" serves as a "Subject Line" in many ways, making......
- Powerful Small Business Email Signatures Your emails are a potential source of income. Yes, even if you don't have a website or blog, and better still, using email signatures properly amounts to free advertising! If you run a small business, you probably send a fair few emails each week; messages to suppliers, customers, prospects, associates......
- Tips Everyone Should Know About Marketing On Twitter All over the world people are starting to use Twitter to communicate. These days people want to continuously share their lives and all of their business with their peers through Twitter. Social networking has been raised to an all new level by Twitter and this opens up a whole new......
How To Get Started On Twitter
The easiest way to get a real understanding of the power of Twitter is to create an account and get started. It only takes a few minutes to set up your account, so let’s get started.
Setting up an Account
Go to http://www.twitter.com and click on the “Get Started – Join” link.
You’ll be taken to a form to create your account that looks like this, where you’ll enter your first and last name in the Full Name box. (Easy so far, right?)
Then follow the steps to create your username. Your username is the name everyone will know you by, so give some thought to the name you choose.
Every time you post a message, known as a tweet, on Twitter, your name and profile picture will be displayed, so you definitely don’t want to choose a username made of random numbers and letters.
Twitter lets you use up to 15 characters (with no spaces) for your username, so use them wisely. If you choose not to use your actual name, try to create a name that tells people what you do. You can use your business name, but very often, something a little more personal is more effective. Remember the key to social media is the social part, so you want to choose a username that lets people relate to you as a person. Keep in mind, also, that if you choose a random username made up of assorted letters and numbers, people may think you are a spammer and block you.
Your next step is to enter your email address. Make sure you enter an actual email address that you use on a regular basis. Twitter will not send you spam email, but they will use your email address to alert you to new followers and direct messages, if you choose to be alerted later in your profile. You will also be notified, via email, if you lose or forget your username or password.
Once you create your account, you will be taken to a screen where you can check to see if anyone you know is already using twitter based on various email address. We’ll skip this step because well, almost everyone is using Twitter!
Next is a screen with some suggested followers. You can scan through if you’d like or you can choose to skip this step as well.
Now we’ve reached the area that will help you market yourself and your business. This is where you start personalizing your profile.
In the upper right hand corner is your navigation panel, with links to move around the backend of your Twitter account. Click on “Settings” to continue personalizing your Twitter account.
Once you reach the settings page, you’ll notice some things are already filled in for you. Your name, Username (this is what makes up the URL to your profile page) and your email address. If you want to change them feel free to do so now. You’ll need to re-enter your password if you do.
After you get those items they way you want them, there are two important fields you need to fill in so that people can find you and your business.
- The first is the “More Info URL.” Use this to add a link to your website, blog, Facebook page or any other significant link you have that gives people an opportunity to find out more about you and/or your business.
- The other field you need to fill in is the “One Line Bio” field. Here you have one line (160 characters) to share some more information about yourself. Make this as interesting as you can in the space allotted. This bio will be one of the ways people decide if they will follow you or not, so tell them who you are and what you do.
The settings page also allows you to add your time zone and your location. So be sure you complete those too.
Finally, on the bottom of the page is a box you can check if your want to protect your updates. If you check this box, people will only be able to see your updates if they have special permission. This option is not recommended – especially when you are trying to build a network of followers. Unless you plan to use your Twitter account to communicate only with a select group of people, you should leave this box empty.
When you are finished filling in your settings, be sure to click on “Save” at the bottom of the page. In the next lesson, we’ll navigate back to your home page and continue.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Drive Traffic with Twitter Twitter is viewed as just another social networking tool that you can utilize in order to better promote your website or your blog. You can use Twitter to promote your blog quickly and easily, and this is a truly effective way to drive more traffic without much effort. First, you......
- Your Own Marketing - How Will It Be? I think marketing online is kind of business everyone has to try out. Why? It is relevant and really smart – you should not be looking for info or just be in hesitations –to work or not to work with marketing online. I want you to see things you need......
- Diffrence Between Social Networking And Social Bookmarking This article brought to you by the webmaster of make money free and internet marketing. The social media websites both networking and bookmarking have found a place in the world of internet marketing. I have heard theories from top experts in SEO and general internet marketing that Google and other......
- The Truth About Social Media Marketing There are many uses for social media marketing, and increasing brand awareness is just one of them. Follow along here as we reveal some highlights of effective social marketing efforts that you can use. These tips can help you broaden your knowledge on subjects for example http://www.robselaney.com/commission-vigilante/commission-vigilante-review. A call to......
- Promoting Your Blog Effectively We have special guest, Laura Backes, offering up some promotion tips today! Blogging can be one of the most rewarding and simultaneously frustrating undertakings you can attempt. The beauty of creating a website that you have put ample time and effort into can sometimes be undermined by one thing that’s......
What is Twitter?
Twitter is a micro-blogging site – meaning you can state your thoughts, views, opinions and links, but in a super-compact way. In fact, with Twitter, you only get to use 140 characters for each post, affectionately known as a tweet. At first glance, you may think 140 characters can’t possibly give you enough room to say anything of value, but once you jump into the flow, you’ll be amazed at the way Twitter can change your social media marketing world.
How Does it Work?
Twitter works as a real-time social media platform for users to update their followers with tidbits of information, chitchat, tips and tricks and other short messages that are broadcast to a group of users who have chosen to stay updated to your messages. While there are over 6 million users on Twitter, according to the latest statistics, individuals choose who they want to interact with by “following” them.
Every user gets a profile page, with room for a short bio, a photo and a link to the site of your choice. Your profile page also includes a button people can click on to begin “following” you – which means they will have access to all of your updates.
The more followers you acquire the stronger your networking capabilities become on Twitter. Twitter functions as an ever increasing network as each person interacts with their following, who then connects them to their own group of followers and on and on it grows.
Let’s break it down a bit.
When you create your user account and choose some people to follow, they have the opportunity to follow you back. As your followers start to get to know you, they will look to you to promote other people on Twitter and when they find people they relate to, they will begin following them as well. This “tell two friends who tell two friends who tell two friends” networking will expand your network faster than you can possibly imagine.
Who Uses Twitter?
At the rate Twitter is growing, it won’t be long before the answer to this question is EVERYONE! Twitter is growing at a pace of over 7500 users every day, with a total right now of over six million users! Twitter is a great place to connect, both in business and personally, for anyone who is looking for a platform where they can reach out to a wide network of people at one time.
Twitter is popular with many different kinds of people. In business, you’ll find lawyers, realtors, writers, web designers, Internet marketers, coaches, entrepreneurs, bloggers, small business owners, large corporations, politicians – even the President of the United States! You’ll find famous people, infamous people, unknown people – the truth is, Twitter is being used by folks from every walk of life you can imagine to connect with others and market their businesses.
Why is Twitter So Popular?
One of the reasons Twitter is so popular is that Twitter is so popular! In other words, so many people are using Twitter that it is rapidly becoming THE place to connect on the web. In fact, mainstream media has started using Twitter- and talking about it. CNN and Fox News both discuss Twitter and use it as a way for viewers to offer input on various stories. In the recent Presidential election, President Obama’s campaign used Twitter as part of their massive campaign efforts – with obvious success!
Twitter’s popularity comes from its ease of use. It’s also quite addictive! Many people who questioned whether Twitter was worth the effort find they love the fast-paced interaction of the site. Twitter is all about immediate connections and real-time relationship building. Human beings are social animals who thrive on relationships and interaction with each other. Twitter provides immediate contact with others- no waiting for return emails or finding people on various Instant Messengers. You can jump on Twitter any time, day or night, and connect with someone immediately. Often, just taking five or ten minutes to tweet with others is all it really takes to build your followers, bring people to your website or break through a struggle.
Why Twitter Works for Marketers
Twitter works for marketers for a couple of reasons. The first, and most important one, is Twitter is different from a lot of marketing techniques. It really is all about making connections and creating relationships. Yes, it sounds impossible to believe that communicating in short little bursts can actually foster real relationships, but it’s true. Perhaps it’s because of the real-time interaction.
It could be because when you have to focus on your word choice, with only 140 characters, you take the time to make sure every word counts. It could come down to the fact that Twitter is downright fun – and addictive!
Of course, some folks will tell you Twitter is a great marketing tool because you can find a targeted audience who CHOOSE to follow you and read your messages and they’d be right.
The truth is Twitter works for a variety of different reasons. The good news is, those reasons all add up to the reality that Twitter DOES WORK! Even though it is a serious marketing tool, there is something about the way people get real on Twitter that you just don’t see in many other platforms, that lets you get to know people’s real personalities. That is what inspires trust and creates bonds that lead to sales.
In our next post, we will look a bit closer about how to get started on Twitter, so you can begin using this amazing networking tool in your business today.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Tribe Marketing Tribe Marketing - There's Power in Community Obviously "Tribe Marketing" is a marketing strategy that attempts to create social groups or communities that are targeted around a service. But to the shrewd business owner, tribe marketing can suggest much more than that. Here's a short list of potential benefits: Trust......
- Successful Investing Tips and Techniques The true, most basic motivation behind investing is to grow our investment. People who have invested before will take their time, looking at the differing companies and the market, trying to predict how a stock will do in a year or two. Those investors whom are without the experience to......
- Discover What Web 2.0 Marketing Can Do For You You can see the impact of Web 2.0 all over the Internet, from blogging sites to Youtube. In recent years, we have seen the Internet grow and evolve into something very different than it originally was. We can now communicate like never before thanks to Web 2.0; the Internet is......
- Best Networking Community With the fast-paced technical development, the internet has become the most convenient and cheapest way to communicate for most people. The internet is now not simply a platform for communication, and it functions as a networking point for many people. There's been in that same breath, a superb deal of,......
- My Path To Graduation After coming back from studying abroad following my Junior year, I started to realize around September that it was time to look for a job after college. I had very little experience in my major, and with only one semester of taking a few classes within my major, I wasn't......
He calls it “The Video Camera Buyer’s Guide: What to Buy and Where to Get It.”
He’s got a killer way to start a full or part time Web video business that will also be posted here.
But this is where it all begins…with the right camera.
Mike goes through all of them in this video from the new Flip cameras and Webcams all the way up to the HD “prosumer” models-and everything in between.
Plus he shows you which microphones to use and what the must-have accessories are.
This is great stuff–especially if you’re looking for a way to make money in the new economy:
To access your free copy of this video, CLICK HERE.
The link above will take you to a page where you need to enter your email. Once this is done, you will receive a link in your email for this video along with several others. The Web Video Success Starts with Right Camera video is listed under the Links column on the right hand side of the page. Enjoy!
P.S. This is exactly the type of content video he teaches people how to make and then blast out all over the Web to generate leads, top search rankings and $$$. In any case, the information on how to select the right camera and equipment is invaluable particularly if you’re just starting out.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- The Best Video Marketing Effects Available Would your online business benefit from in increase in the numbers of targeted users that visit your website each day? Or perhaps you get a lot of visitors who pass through without making a purchase. If you answered a resounding YES, it’s time for you to take a look at......
- How to Tweak Your Facebook Fan Web page Username If you are the administrator for your Fb Fan web page, you can opt for the username for your web page. http://forum.affiliatebot.com/ http://www.westchasewow.com/community/member.php?u=5721 http://www.vegascoupons.com/forum/ What are the needs to secure a user name for your Fan Page?If your page has 25 fans or far more, you are qualified to......
- Increase Your Video Marketing Success With These Tips If you want to find success with video marketing you need to do more than just understand your target audience, you need to go above and beyond to offer them real value on a consistent basis. There are lots of video marketers who have made names for themselves by working......
- Discreet Approaches Of Promoting A Video Marketing Internet Site In case you are a proprietor or a manager of a video marketing or social media marketing website which is used for business purposes, odds are that you devote much of your entire day searching for various ways of promoting a website. In case you are only a small time......
- Trust The SEO Company Along With Your Eyes Open In business we must trust our providers. SEO companies tend to be our gateway to help online success. But it's a good idea to keep a tab about what they are performing on our internet sites. Remember in the online world the website is the best business store and also......
Tip #19 — Decide When To Make Your First Sales Pitch
Some marketers are focused on making the sale right away. However, you may want to consider holding off until you are at least a few messages into email sequence.
Now, this rule doesn’t apply if people sign up to get a coupon or special product offer. Then they would expect that they are going to be sold to right away.
An example of this type of notification list would be PRLSO CLUB
It’s an excellent case study of how Jimmy D. Brown uses a notification style list and sells to them from the get-go.
In fact, people sign up just to receive these special offers. If you want to create a list of “buyers” you may wish to sign up for his list – even if it’s just to analyze his methods.
However if your list members signed up to get some valuable information, they may not take too kindly to getting pitched to right away. This is something you may want to test, but you need to think about the relationship first and the money later in most cases.
Tip #20 — Split Test For The Perfect Balance
As your list grows, you will want to split test your messages. You might find that the way you set things up in the beginning was not the optimal way. We all want to improve our results and split testing makes that achievable. By tweaking a few things here and there you can increase your open rate and the desired responses your list makes.
If you have a good autoresponder company, the chances are good that they will provide you with the information and tools you need to split test.
Companies like Aweber will automatically send half of your list one message and the other half a different message. They will then track the results so you can compare them and make changes.
Tip #21 — Consider The 3-to-1 Formula
A popular formula that some of the top marketers use is sending 3 relationship building e-mails to every 1 sales e-mail. This is especially important in the beginning stages, and will set the tone for later e-mails.
What you might want to do is have the first e-mail be entirely focused on offering quality information and building a relationship, the second e-mail making a very soft pitch, the third e-mail selling a little harder, and finally the fourth e-mail blatantly promoting a product.
If it makes you feel more comfortable having a system to work with, then this is a sequence that you may wish to follow.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Rule #4: Build a List Another practical piece of advice for all Internet marketers is to build a list. It doesn’t matter what you’re selling, who you’re selling it to, or how well your current efforts are working. Building a list is always a surefire way to 1) allow you to make more sales to......
- Establishing An EBay Store From Nothing Beginning an eBay store can be quite a goldmine when selling properly. Many other individuals and retail stores have had positive results using eBay as their primary or secondary form of selling. Although the fees and costs of shipping are high, it can be easily overcome by meticulous planning and......
- e-Mail Marketing For Dummies E-Mail Marketing For Dummies (2nd Edition) by author, John Arnold E-Mail Marketing For Dummies (2nd Edition) - Updated to reflect the hottest new trends, technologies, and strategies! Much has happened in e–mail marketing since the first edition of this book appeared in 2007. With the dramatic rise of social media......
- 10/29 - ETF Trading - FXI FXI closed ever so slightly higher yesterday; as such, we did not enter the trade. However, keep FXI on your watch list today. Again, take the first of 2 long trading positions should the etf close with an RSI(2) less than 10. We may take a second trading position in......
- Tips To Build An E-Mail List If you really want to make money online, you don't want to only have one source of income, but as many as possible. While you can make money from your website, either by selling ads or your own products, you shouldn't ignore e-mail marketing either. If you want to make......
Having a series of money-making autoresponder messages is a very important part of the process, obviously. If your autoresponder copy is dull and ineffective, it doesn’t matter how big your list is because you’re not going to make any sales. That’s why it’s very important that you understand how to write good copy before you get started.
After you sign up for your autoresponder account, you will want to load it with messages that will gain people’s trust and help you make sales.
Tip #16 Understand The Difference Between Follow-Up and Broadcast Messages
If you are completely new to list building, you may not know the difference between a follow-up message and a broadcast message.
Your follow-up messages are what the members of your list receive no matter when they sign up. These will usually be in a sequence that is delivered at a predetermined rate. So, if Sally signs up on Tuesday she will receive follow-up message #1 on Tuesday. If Tom signs up on Friday, he will receive follow-up message #1 on Friday.
That means that your autoresponder sequences are your little relationship builders and salespeople 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
These types of messages are sent out to your entire list so that they receive them at the same time (also referred to as an “email blast”). This is a good option if you have something to share that is not a normal part of the sequence. It might be a special announcement or a time-sensitive or limited-time-offer special deal.
Use both types of messages in your business for best results.
Tip #17 — Think About How Often You Should Send Messages
At first, you might be nervous about mailing to your list because you’re not sure how many messages you should send and how often. Unfortunately, there is not one correct answer to this question. The answer depends on your niche, the relationship you have with your members, and what kind of information you share.
If your messages offer a lot of value, people will probably want to receive them more often. If your list messages are more focused on making sales, people may expect them (and want them) less often.
Still, the balance is individual, so you should test what is best for you. A good autoresponder will show you the number of people who click on your message when you send it. If the number stays high with more frequent messages, your unsubscribe rate doesn’t increase, and sales tend to remain high, then your list may want to be contacted more frequently.
What some marketers suggest is having one autoresponder message scheduled per week, with perhaps a broadcast message in between if you need to have a special mailing. Yes, at times the messages might land on the same day to certain readers, but that’s no reason to avoid sending broadcast mailings to your follow-up message recipients.
Tip #18 — Carefully Craft Your First Message
First impressions count. That’s why you need to carefully write your first autoresponder message. It is the first impression your list members will have of you. Even if they really liked what your website had to say, they will unsubscribe very quickly if they don’t think your list will offer them a lot of value.
Your first message should almost never contain a sales pitch. This is your chance to prove that they will want to remain on your list. You want to be warm, open, and friendly. You should also consider offering a special bonus or surprise for free.
This will immediately help set a positive association with your messages. This can increase the open rates on your e-mails, put your relationship on the right path, and help you make more sales later on.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Effective Email Marketing Tips To Market Your Business Electronic mail marketing, which is recognized as email marketing, is one of the most popular marketing tools in advertising home business or website or blogs. Nevertheless, the majority of internet users and prospective clients dislike getting mails that are delivered to their email boxes as spam mail. As a result,......
- Membership Site Sales Growth Guidelines For The Frustrated Marketer It is more than possible to start a membership site and figure out how to boost sales along the way. One of the dangers for this type of site is when retention rates fall and new sales are not happening. Well, we have a few solutions for that situation, so......
- Spread your Company's Marketing Message through Corporate Blogging Creating a marketing message is a lot like building a house of cards: The building process can take a long, painstaking amount of time, however it can take mere moments to send everything tumbling. Sometimes all it takes is a single piece of thoughtless communication to completely contradict your......
- Business To Business Email Marketing If you have tried email marketing before, you must have come across an email marketing agency. You may discover the concept of email broadcast software and mailing list lead generation. In this article, we will look how they work and how an email marketing agency can help to grow your......
- The Real Secret Of Affiliiate Program Sales Affiliate program sales are no different than any type of selling since the beginning of time. People need things and they are going to buy it somewhere. [ad#adstext1] The nice thing is that in today's world economy they are buying things on the Internet. Affiliate merchants know this and will......