Below you will find a guest article from Jimmy D. Brown, developer of the Multiple Streams Theme wordpress blog theme.
For more information on turning on ten "built-in" ways to make money from your blog, visit http://www.multiplestreamsblog.com
The Easiest Way To Outsell Other Affiliates
If you’re an affiliate marketer, then you’re always looking over your shoulder to see if the competition – your fellow affiliates – are catching up to you. Or, worse than that, you’re looking up ahead trying to catch up with them!
At times any market can be crowded, so selling the same thing to the same group of people means you’re lucky to get just a small share of the market. Imagine having thirty-five Wal-Mart stores in one small town, all competing with each other to get the local business. You get the idea.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. The easiest way to outsell other affiliates is this…
Turn your AFFILIATE offer into a UNIQUE offer!
You see, most affiliates try to sell the product as is. If your prospects are shopping around, they’re going to skip all the “buy from me” offers.
Instead, they’re going to focus on those offers that give them an incentive to buy. And that means you can outsell the other affiliates simply by offering a bonus product to anyone who buys through your affiliate link.
I’ve been teaching this concept since 2001 and, all things being equal, those affiliates who put this into practice will outsell those who don’t virtually 100% of the time.
It’s a very simple strategy. Let’s break it down into three steps…
Step 1: CHOOSE Your Incentive
Your goal is to make your offer stand out from the crowd by offering an incentive to buy from your link, thereby boosting your conversion rate. And that means you need to offer a bonus that enhances or otherwise complements the affiliate product.
Did you catch that? Your bonus should “enhance” or “complement” the product you are promoting as an affiliate. That’s what makes for the best incentive.
------------- Case Study -----------
Let me give you a “real” case study (not made up … actually done by one of my customers).
A customer – who is also one of my affiliates – recently purchased my Multiple Streams Theme wordpress blog theme. He loaded it to his site. Then, he invested a little time writing a small report that teaches how to customize and tweak the theme. He offered this small report, filled with insider shortcuts and tips for enhancing the theme, as an incentive to anyone who ordered the Multiple Streams Theme through his affiliate link.
I’m just guessing, but I bet the report didn’t take him half an hour to write. He just logged his own personal experiences. And yet it has high value to anyone who has plans to order the theme.
That’s how you outsell other affiliates. You turn your AFFILIATE offer into a
------------- Case Study -----------
One way to do this is by reading the sales letter for the product and choosing one particularly enticing bullet point.
Example #1: If the sales letter tells prospects they can learn how to get traffic from social media sites, then you can create a report called “27 Ways to Use Social Media to Drive Traffic to Any Website!”
Example #2: If the sales page for a diet book promises a month of low calorie recipes to customers, you can create a supplementary low calorie recipe book and give it away to those who buy from your link.
Example #3: If you’re promoting a dog training book and you see a bullet point about eliminating bad behaviors such as jumping, incessant barking, digging in the gardening, etc. You can create a report or even a video called, “The Secrets of Training the Perfect Dog: How to Keep Your Dog’s Paws Off Your Guests, Off Your Counters and Out of Your Garden!”
The point is, your freebie should be directly related to the affiliate offer. You want your prospects to buy through your link just because the incentive is so enticing.
What kind of incentive? You can do videos, software, coaching, advertising, installations, services, etc.
But, “pound for pound”, the best and easiest incentive to create is a small report.
Step 2: CREATE Your Incentive
Once you decide on the topic, your next step is to create the bonus product. If you’re creating a short report or video, you can probably finish it in one day. Otherwise, you can hire a trusted freelancer to do it, which frees your time to focus on marketing the offer!
Tip: You find ghostwriters on sites like WarriorForum.com, Elance.com, and GetAFreelancer.com. You can also ask for recommendations from your colleagues via your social networks or on business forums.
Step 3: CIRCULATE Your Incentive.
Finally, your last step is to promote your offer by letting prospects know that anyone who buys the affiliate product using your link will get the bonus product.
Let your list know. Tell your blog readers. Tweet about it. Purchase advertising. Distribute free marketing materials such as ezine articles. Mention it in sig files at forums. You know the drill.
Now, there are a few ways to deliver the product:
1. On the download page. If you’ve developed a relationship with the product vendor, he may agree to set up a special sales page that promotes the bonus plus a special download page so that customers can download it instantly after purchasing.
2. Manually. You can have customers forward their receipts and then you send them the link to the bonus.
3. Automatically. You can also set up a special email address with an autoresponder, so that anyone who sends you a receipt gets the download link automatically. (Naturally, some people will try to “cheat” this system.)
And there you have it – the simple three-step strategy you can use to outsell your competitors and put more money in your pocket.
It’s so easy you could be making more money by tomorrow… if you get started today!
Speaking of “making more money”. If you have a blog, how would you like to have ten “built-in” ways to increase your affiliate commissions from your blog? Visit http://www.multiplestreamsblog.com to learn more. NOTE: The offer mentioned at the website will no longer be available after Friday, March 19, 2010 at 10PM. Jimmy is “retiring” it then and discontinuing all sales.Related Websites
- Why I am not successful in Affiliate marketing... Why am I not successful? What is stopping me? Really? Really it's because I've done it very half assed. Bad magician! Why? Because I've signed up for a great many marketers mailing lists and I resent even marketing emails I registered for, even if I know they work, even if......
- Fundamental Aspects Of The Advertising And Marketing Advertising / Marketing: Both marketing and advertising are sharing the same space in many situations, and commonly sales will stand alone. For instance, in many big companies you will have marketing and advertising departments that are separate from the sales department. The advertising and marketing division significantly develops marketing and......
- Lies and Wrong Impressions About Affiliate Marketing The company that started it all was Amazon.com in 1996. The first affiliate marketing program was produced at that time and it still manages to grow tremendously. Now you'll find hundreds of affiliate programs in various niches, which means this field has become really vast, and anything that becomes big......
- Simple Methods To Fine Tune and Increase Your Affiliate Sale Though the topic of Internet Marketing and Affiliate Sale is wider, you know there are few simple methods that fine tunes and increases affiliate product sale. You may be seeing a lower trend on your affiliate sale or you don't know how to sell the product in the right way.......
- Effective Ways to Get Traffic to Affiliate Sites Traffic is one of the most difficult things to get as an affiliate. How do you get it without wasting your money and how do you get traffic that actually converts into sales or leads? One thing is absolutely clear to any affiliate who gets started promoting products: itâs virtually......