Increasing Opt-In Conversions
After you have your autoresponder set up, your opt-in forms in the right locations, and some promotional strategies that work, you want to do everything you can to increase your conversions. Your goal is to get as many people as possible who visit your website to sign up for your list. It’s not uncommon at all to see a good conversion rate such as 30 to 50% on an established marketer’s squeeze page.
It’s in your best interest to tweak things as much you can until you reach that point.
Tip #76 — Offer Opt-In Incentives
You can definitely increase your conversions if you offer the right incentives for people to sign up. This might be in the form of discounts, e-books, sneak previews, or an e-course. You want to make the incentive to sign up so good that they don’t mind handing over their e-mail address at all. Many people are wary of giving people their email address, so they have to be really enticed to do so.
You also have to keep in mind that there are other marketers who are trying to get people to opt-in to their own list. Making the best offer you can will help increase your conversions and put you ahead of the others.
Tip #77 — Stand Apart From the Crowd
As was mentioned in the last step, there are many other marketers vying for people’s attention. If you want to get as many opt-ins as possible, make sure that you are standing out from the crowd.
Doing something different and creating a different offer than everyone else has will increase people’s interest and increase your conversions. If your offer is boring and just like everyone else’s, you’ll have a more difficult time enticing people to sign up.
Tip #78 — Focus on the Benefits
It can’t be said enough that if you want to increase your conversions you need to focus on the benefits of your offer. It’s not enough to tell people that your course will help them, you need to concentrate on their emotions and dig deep into what the benefits are. Too many marketers focus on the features, which are wonderful but don’t really have those emotional hot points.
The old copyrighting adage is that people don’t want to buy the drill, they want to buy the holes. You need to be selling the holes, instead of the drill. Or another way to look at it is that people don’t want to buy the rake – they just want the nice yard.
Tip #79 — Tell People What to Do
Having a call to action will increase your conversion rate. You’ll want to test to find the right call to action. Simply saying “sign up for my list,” might work… but it’s probably not be the best way to phrase things to increase your sign up rate.
Instead, you should encourage people to sign up for your list because of the benefits they will receive.
Tip #80 — Make People Feel Safe
People will not sign up for your list if they don’t feel safe. There are scam artists all over the net, and many of these people you are targeting have been burned before. Make sure you include some text that guarantees that you will not sell or rent their e-mail list, and that the information is absolutely secure.
Tip #81 — Use a Picture of Yourself
If you want to increase conversions make sure that people know who you are so they can trust you. A great way to do this is to include a picture of yourself. It doesn’t matter whether you’re camera shy or not, having a picture can increase the number of people who sign up. People want to know who they are giving their e-mail address to.
Make sure you look professional in your photograph so that you come across as an expert that people can trust. This is also a huge part of branding yourself, which is a great thing for long-term profits.
A smile wouldn’t hurt, either.
Tip #82 — Include audio
Have you considered adding an audio message to your squeeze page?
Adding an audio message to your squeeze page allows you to add another level of personality and trust. Not everyone who visits your page will listen to your audio, but those who enjoy audio will certainly be more inclined to sign up as a result.
You don’t have to make your audio intrusive. In fact, you can simply include a very small area where it’s obvious that audio is available if people want.
You may not want to have the audio play automatically, because some people may be startled. Others may open your website in a place where they are not able to listen to it at that point in time – like at work.
Obviously it wouldn’t help your conversion rate to have people clicking away from your site before the boss catches them!
Tip #83 — Try Including Video
Sometimes you might be able to get your message across more clearly if you include video rather than audio. You can buy an inexpensive camcorder to record yourself, use your WebCam, or create a screencapture video with free software. This type of personalized message also shows people who they are dealing with, which can definitely increase conversions!
In fact, you can kind of “kill two birds with one stone” by uploading the video to YouTube as well. That way you will get views on YouTube, and it will help increase conversions on your own website as well.
Tip #84 — Show People What They Can Expect
Depending on your niche, people may not have signed up for many lists before. If they don’t know what they can expect, you may get spam complaints or people simply will not confirm their address. After they sign up with their name and e-mail address you might want to direct them to a page that outlines what will happen next.
You can either do a video or screenshots of the confirmation e-mail that will arrive in their inbox. Some people have reported that this has increased their confirmed opt-ins substantially!
Tip #85 — Consider Including Testimonials
One thing you might want to test is including testimonials on your squeeze page. While many marketers use testimonials on their sales pages, very few use them on the opt-in pages themselves. Remember — social proof is a very important aspect of making sales. Social proof can also show people that it is very helpful to be a member of your e-mail list. They are likely to feel more comfortable seeing someone that is “like them.”
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Increasing Your Page Rank Through Link Building Along with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to increase your website’s page ranking, link building is another way to raise the position of your site in the eyes of prospects and search engine results. Link Building is most effective as one part of a fully developed SEO strategy for your......
- Blogging Guidelines - Things To Consider While Blogging Are you going to join blogging world? If you are interesting in blogging, but have not yet started, skim over these few things you should know before you begin. You Can Be Personal Many new bloggers at first are really not sure what to post. They understand that their blog......
- Professional Blogging Roundup: On RSS Feeds, PR, Writing Tips, and More Happy belated Thanksgiving. Did everyone enjoy their four day weekend? I know I did. The turkey was great. Here we are again with another edition of the roundup; lots of interesting things to read and think about! Corporate For some thoughts On Blogging, College Mogul, Drupal, and Acquia check out......
- SEO Tips Make Money With PPC Many people have considered signing up with pay per click campaigns as a way to make money, but they are not sure how much money they can really make. The truth is, you can and absolutely will make money for pay per click, because it is entirely possible to......
- Tips To Make Money On EBay You've sold a few items on eBay and made a little money. Now you're ready to start a business. A lot of people have turned their eBay hobbies into home-based businesses, and you can, too. Here are the four most important things to do when opening an eBay business. 1.......
If you sell physical products or have a storefront, this section is definitely for you. Even if you consider your business to be strictly online, there are a few golden nuggets here that you’ll want to pay close attention to.
Off-line promotion is something that many online marketers forget about and neglect. The truth is that there are many people out there who would enjoy being on your list, and who will be very responsive to doing so. However, if you never take the time to reach them — you won’t!
Tip #71 — Include Opt-In Forms with Shipments
As you ship packages you should include a postcard or form that makes it easy for your customers to join your list. They can send this form back to you, and you can enter their e-mail address manually. Another option is to explain the advantages of being on your list and direct them to a website where they can go sign up themselves.
This is a great strategy because you know that the people who are receiving a shipment are proven customers. That means there are a lot more likely to be responsive.
Of course a better alternative would be to invest in a shopping cart that has an autoresponder built in. That way your customers can automatically be added to your email lists.
Tip #72 — Visit Tradeshows
The chances are good that there are tradeshows related to your niche in your area. If you go to these you can find people who would be interested in joining your list. People are more likely to trust a face-to-face interaction than an online one. These contacts can turn into lifetime customers for you.
In fact, this tip works well whether you have physical products or you focus your energies strictly online.
Tip #73 — Advertise in Magazines
Many people are surprised to find how inexpensive it is to advertise in targeted magazines. You can often pay a lot less than the advertised price in the magazine. All you need to do is ask the ad team what kind of special deal they can give you.
It’s often easiest to find smaller magazines that have a very targeted audience. Write your ad copy to explain that you’re giving something away for free, or talk about a special promotion you’re having. Once again, it doesn’t matter whether you focus your energies online or off-line, this strategy can work for you.
Tip #74 — Send Postcards
This strategy is not quite as targeted as including an opt-in form on postcards with shipments, but it can still work. You can send postcards to lists of people that you have purchased, or in targeted geographic areas. These postcards should focus on the benefits of signing up for your list and visiting your website. This can be a very time-consuming and costly experience, so make sure you’re going to see a return on your investment by doing a small test first.
Tip #75 — Display Your Domain Everywhere You Can
This is a great strategy that can really help to brand yourself. You want to include your domain and logo on every package, letter, flier, etc. The more people see your domain name, the more likely they are to visit. As you know, the more people you get to visit, the more sign ups you’ll get.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Time Management For Internet Marketers photo credit: Robbert van der Steeg Working for yourself is entirely different to working in a normal "job". Whether you are working online full time or just dabbling in your spare time success takes a considerable degree of practise. And by practise I don't just mean in the practical......
- Network Marketing - How To Be A Good Sponsor (Part 3) Network Marketing -Â Being A Real Mentor [/caption] If there is one thing that has frustrated me online it is all the hype.Â It seems everyone online has the new best gizmo in town. Some in the network marketing industry realize that in order to see real duplication in there......
- The Best Video Marketing Effects Available Would your online business benefit from in increase in the numbers of targeted users that visit your website each day? Or perhaps you get a lot of visitors who pass through without making a purchase. If you answered a resounding YES, it’s time for you to take a look at......
- Social Media Advertising - Fad, Worry Or Colleague? 5 steps of social media marketing strategiesAdore it? Individuals who use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube amongst other channels turn out to be fanatical. It's addicting, and not to point out social media marketing very helpful, to uncover your self on your own sitting in targeted traffic, in the bookstore or......
- How To Make Money Online Series Making Money Online as A Virtual Assistant or Customer Service Rep Series Article 18 A Virtual Assistant, or VA, is a skilled professional who provides administrative support and other specialized services to businesses, entrepreneurs, executives, and others who have more work to do than the time to do it in.......
Promoting Your List
Promoting your list is one of the most important pieces of the list-profit puzzle. If no one knows about your list, no one will be able to sign up. That’s why promoting your list on your website is essential and it’s why I will keep repeating it until I’m sure that you’ve done it.
In fact, even if you get everything else on this list right but don’t have the traffic, you are never going to have the profitable list that you want.
The other steps are important, but once your list is created and ready you really need to focus on your promotional strategies to grow your list to bigger sizes!
Tip #53 — Add Your Site to Directories
One of the best ways you can make sure you generate lots of traffic and recognition is your niche is to add your site to directories. There are some directories that are niche specific, and others that are more general. The point is that the more places that contain a link to your website where your opt-in forms are, the better.
Another benefit to submitting to directories is that you’ll get more back links to your website. This will help your search engine rankings for sure!
If you’d like to outsource this, here’s an excellent service:
Tip #54 — Use Article Marketing
Another excellent way to promote your website and get more people to your website (and therefore onto your mailing list) is to write articles and submit them to article directories.
In case the idea of article marketing is new to you, it works like this.
- You write an article.
- You publish it at an article directory and give others permission to use it.
- Website owners go to the article directory, grab your article & publish it on their websites, blogs, or in their ezines.
- Every time they publish your article, they must include your author resource bio (similar to your advertisement) along with it.
Your article should contain valuable information, but not so much that people feel like they’ve gotten everything they can out of the topic. If you leave out some key information in end, they will be more inclined to visit your website to get that information and sign-up for your list.
Here’s the place to submit your articles, if you’re busy and only have time to submit to one directory: EzineArticles.com
If you’d also like to submit to other directories, there are a few services that will help you with this.
The one that I prefer is the credit system at Isnare.com.
Tip #55 — Encourage List Members to Send The Link to Their Friends
Usually your list members will have friends that have similar interests. So, why not encourage your readers to send the link to your opt-in form to their friends? You might give them some kind of incentive to do so, as this can dramatically increase the response.
This is another example of social proof at work. Because the recipient is getting a recommendation from their friend, you’ll be a lot more likely to get the sign up.
You can simply put some text in your messages that encourages them to pass your newsletter or opt-in address along. There are even website scripts out there, such as the “tell a friend” script that will allow them to easily enter their friend’s e-mail address on the spot.
Tip #56 — Search Engine Optimize Your Website
One of the best ways to get traffic is to search engine optimize your website. When people want to find something, they generally go to the search engines to find relevant websites. If your website is at the top of the search engines for certain keywords, you’ll be able to get a lot of targeted traffic and help your list grow in the process.
There are many different aspects to search engine optimization that you need to pay attention to. The first thing to do is research keywords that are related to your niche. It is ideal if these keywords are highly searched and have low competition in the search engine results.
Then, create content based around these keywords that will help you rank more highly in the search engines. You should also work on getting backlinks to your website, to boost your credibility in the eyes of the search engines. Backlinks are nothing more than getting OTHER websites to link to yours, preferably ones that are established, quality websites.
Tip #57 — Pay For PPC Traffic
While we all want to rank at the top of the search engines, it often takes a while.
But, there is a way that you can zoom your site to the top of the search engines in minutes. The trick is to invest money into Pay Per Click traffic. You simply bid on keywords, create a small ad, and send people to your squeeze page.
Your ad copy should be compelling, and give people a reason to visit. You might even spell out that you’re giving something away for free. Then, all people have to do is sign up for your list to get their free item. It is then up to your autoresponder messages to take over, build a relationship and help you make sales.
Of course, pay per click, like any advertising should be tested before spending too much money to ensure that you’re getting a good return.
Tip #58 — Create a Blog
Creating a blog can be another effective way to get search engine traffic.
That is because blogs contain RSS feeds that the search engines absolutely love. If you update your blog consistently, you’ll have a lot more content that can help you rank in the search engines.
People also love to follow blogs, and will bookmark your blog as well as subscribe to your RSS feed (if they like what you have to offer!). This gives them repeated exposure to you and to your expertise. Sooner or later, they will hopefully be compelled to sign up to your list. Your blog is yet another place to put your opt-in form.
Tip #59 — Consider Co-Registration
Co-registration is not for everyone, but in some niches it can work quite well. Basically, you find partners in your niche who will place your opt-in box on their think you page, and you will put their opt-in box on your thank you page.
This can work well since these are proven customers in the niche, but you do have to be careful. It has to be done in a way that is not tricky to anyone so that people know what they are really signing up for. You’ll gain a lot more trust if people realize that they are signing up for your list.
Tip #60 — Get JV Partners
Getting JV partners to promote your list gives you access to their list of subscribers. This strategy also helps you to come across as an expert since someone else is recommending you.
You can find JV partners on forums, by contacting them through their website, as well as a variety of other methods. It is often best to contact someone who has a product or website that complements rather than competes with yours. They’ll be a lot more likely to promote the product of a person who is not directly competing with them.
Keep in mind that you will often be asked to promote something for them in return, either now or in the future. Make sure you’re comfortable with everything they are doing before you agree to promote them back.
It becomes infinitely easier to attract JV’s once you have an affiliate program. Obviously, you’ll need your own product in order to do this, but once you do it’s easy to get JV partners. Basically what you get from this is traffic to your offers and opt-in box without doing additional work yourself.
As your affiliates drive traffic to your website, you can capture people’s addresses before and after the sale. You’ll not only make money by having the affiliates promote for you, you’ll gain long-term subscribers as well.
If you’ve already got an affiliate program but it’s not doing what it should – sign up for the free ecourse at Sales Army Secrets
Tip #61 — Exchange Newsletter “Plugs”
Another thing you can do with JV partners is agree to mention each other in your respective newsletters. This does not have to be a hard sell, rather a way to show that you recommend each other’s products.
If the people on the other person’s list know and trust that person and have a good relationship with them, they are likely to immediately trust you as well since you come so highly recommended.
If you have an affiliate program, offer a lopsided offer, which can really get people interested in a mail swap.
- Offer to send their offer to your list.
- Let them send your offer to their list THROUGH their affiliate link.
This accomplishes two things …
- It gets your foot in the door.
- Once the sales come in, that JV partner will likely want to continue to promote your product.
Tip #62 — Post a Link to Your Squeeze Page In Forums
Forum marketing is an excellent way to grow your list.
- Search for forums in your niche.
- Make sure the forum allows you to put a link in your signature.
- Join those that do.
After you join some forums, begin answering people’s questions and presenting yourself as the expert you are. People will be a lot more receptive to the things you have to say in this case. Your hope is that you become a very respected member so that you get a lot of clicks to your website and then a lot of sign-ups!
Tip #63 — Use Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is an excellent way to get traffic to your squeeze page and sign-ups to your list. There are many different social bookmarking websites out there, like Digg, Delicious, and Stumble Upon.
You’ll not only get a backlinks to your website by bookmarking, but you also get the benefit of people in your niche clicking through when they find your info.
Keep in mind that the traffic from these websites is not always super- targeted, but it is well worth it to sign up for accounts. Bookmarking doesn’t have to be a daily task. Simply bookmark your best content every once in a while. It can increase your opt-ins a variety of different ways.
Check them out:
Tip #64 — Comment on Blogs
Commenting on blogs is a strategy that is well worth your time. You’ll want to find a few of the top blogs in your niche and leave regular comments on them. You will get a backlink to your website, but just as importantly, you’ll get visitors when people click on your website link.
This is great because it can help you get the attention of an authority that is already in the niche (the blog owner), and you may gain some of their traffic, which is highly targeted.
Tip #65 — Use Yahoo Answers
Yahoo Answers is yet another way that you can get traffic to your website. People ask questions on this site on a variety of different topics – and you can provide answers. Yahoo Answers also tends to rank highly in search engines like Google, and people who need answers can search all the old topics as well as start new ones!
This is great for you when you leave an expert answer with a link to your website. Keep in mind that Yahoo Answers strives to keep the spam away, so make sure that the page you have linked to is actually helpful and relevant.
Tip #66 — Use Linkbait
Link bait works best if you have a blog and are in a niche that has a lot of other bloggers. Linkbait is simply a way of talking about something controversial or having a controversial opinion. When other bloggers and webmasters notice your post they may link to you because they want to share their opinion as well. You’ll likely get a lot of comments from readers agreeing and disagreeing with you.
Keep in mind that not everyone is going to like what you have to say, and you might get some flak. As long as you can back up what you’re saying, you’ll probably gain respect from both those who agree and those who disagree. At the same time, you may see an increase in your sign-ups!
Tip #67 — Write a Press Release
Press releases are a time-honored strategy of announcing new information to generate interest.
There’s nothing new about press releases and the internet. Here’s how it works.
- Do something eventful or plan something interesting.
- Write a press release about it.
- Submit your release to the press release sites like PRWeb.com, including a link to your website.
There are some free and inexpensive press release distribution websites. Just search Google.com and you’ll find them.
What you might want to do is announce the opening of your blog or website, or your new product, or anything else that people would find interesting.
Have your press release link to your website where your opt-in list is featured. Remember, you’ll get more opt-ins if you have some sort of incentive there — especially during the period where your press release is active. If you make your press release interesting enough it might get picked up by news channels.
Tip #68 — Send Articles to E-zine Publishers
There are many electronic magazines out there that have a very large subscriber base. Better yet, they are often looking for authors. You can use this to your advantage and send an article (after inquiring, of course). After your article is accepted, you will be able to include a link back to your website or squeeze page. If people find your article interesting and compelling, they are likely visit to sign up for your list!
Remember, you don’t have to stick to just one e-zine. The more you submit to over a period of time, the more likely you are to be seen by as many people in your niche as possible. Getting your name out there and branding yourself is half the battle.
If you’re looking for ezines that accept articles, you might check out the www.directoryofezines.com
Tip #69 — Submit Videos
Yet another great way to get traffic to your opt-in page and your website is to submit videos to sites like YouTube. There are many people who browse for videos on a variety of different topics. The description area of your video can contain a link back to your website. If your video is compelling enough, people will likely click over to visit.
One thing that many people forget to do is put a call to action at the end of the video. This is a great way to increase responses to get people to visit your website. You can even make it clear that there is something available for free if they do visit.
Tip #70 — Write Guest Posts
Writing guest posts on other people’s blogs or websites that are already established will showcase your own credibility. Browse around on Google for the top authority websites in your niche, and present an offer to the website owner to write an article for them.
Many blog owners would love the chance to take a break, and many readers enjoy reading guest posts. Make sure you provide high quality content, and you’ll get a lot more visitors to your own website with the link you’ll be allowed to put there. This will increase your exposure with people who are regular readers of the other website — your hope is that they want to bookmark your website as well and join your list.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Online Marketing - General Facts To Keep In Mind Actually, Internet is the greatest and the most powerful thing that ever could happen to the network marketing and to the marketing in general. However, the point is that too small number of marketers does realize and take it right how to market in the online regiment and how to......
- 21 Questions to Ask BEFORE You Buy a New Website I have heard several horror stories recently from small business owners who have bought a new website, only to find that there are several important factors that have been overlooked, ignored or not discussed. This is a list of important questions for anyone who is thinking about buying a......
- 7 Steps To Better Results With Article Marketing 7 Steps To Better Results With Article Marketing If you write articles to get more exposure for your website, there are quite a few methods to increase your results with every article you write. Many people out there will submit their article to just their blog, or maybe a few......
- SEO Tips for Enhancing Website Traffic This is a guest post! If you want to write for us, Contact using the Contact Me form. Search Engine Optimization is the process of enhancing the visibility of the website or a web page in the search engine. The Advanced SEO might target diverse kinds of search including the......
- Listed Here Is A Very Simple Way To Get Increased Traffic To Your Blog If you'd like more traffic to your blog there are several things you will need to remember. In case you just built a blog and are waiting around for people to find it on their own, you will have a long wait. More than likely you know this already but......
Squeeze Page Basics
In addition to adding an opt-in box on most of the pages of your website, you will also want to create a squeeze page. A squeeze page is simply a dedicated page to gather up leads to your list.
You’ve seen them before, I’m sure, but if you’d like to see one in action, go to List Profit System and you’ll see a squeeze page.
Tip #49 — Understand Your Purpose
Many marketers get this wrong. They think that they can add tons of offers, Adsense, and other things to their squeeze pages. This is very damaging to your goal, which is getting people to sign up for your list.
People should be asked to do one thing and one thing only when they visit your squeeze page. Put some compelling copy, along with an opt-in box that clearly spells out what they’ll get and how to sign up — and that’s it.
Tip #50 — Examine Other Squeeze Pages in Your Niche
One of the best ways to make sure you got a good handle on what a squeeze page should look like is to visit other marketer’s squeeze pages. You can see what kind of headlines they used, what their copy looks like, and whether they used opt-in box graphics. That way you can just put a spin on things that are already working.
You can also take note of what you think is harming their conversions and improve things for your own squeeze page.
Here are a few to look at:
Tip #51 — Create Compelling Squeeze Page Copy
While you might create long sales letters for your products, shorter copy is ok for your squeeze page. (Half a page to one page of text.) Make sure that you have a compelling headline that grabs attention, as well as bullet points that point out the benefits of joining your list.
Make your opt-in box visible above the fold. You might even consider putting the box both above the fold and below the fold to make sure people can easily sign up.
They are some niches that do well with graphics and other added features on the squeeze page. There are others that do better with very simple, no-frills design. The best thing for you to do is to split test different designs to see which increases your opt-in rates.
You may be surprised at how much a simple change (like a change in color) can increase or decrease opt-ins. While testing might be time consuming, you’ll get results that will add money to your pocket.
Tip #52 — Offer an Incentive
While you might think that you’ve made the benefits of signing up to your list very clear, you’ll find that you can increase conversions if you offer some kind of incentive to sign up. This might be in the form of a sneak preview of a premium product, a free white paper, e-books, or an e-course.
The important thing is that you make an offer they can’t refuse — something free in exchange for a simple e-mail address.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Discover How To Generate High Conversions Form Your Squeeze Page Online marketing is a case of knowing how to use and leverage the assets you already own to make a profit. Such a resource, and probably one of the most important assets you can have in online marketing, is your email list. If you are creating your list from nothing,......
- Display your Prosper Listing on Your MySpace Page Now you can display your Listing on your MySpace Page. Or your blog, or website... The possibilities are endless. Here is a random listing on Prosper. $25 Bonus For New Lenders How to Use Prosper Listing Widget for MySpace, Blog, Website, or Other Here is a link to my MySpace......
- Affiliate marketing Jitters... So, let's see. It's Tuesday, and I've run out of reasons to not put forth a small investment in Google adwords. So it's up to me to invent some reasons. This site is dysfunctional. The index page is akin to a sales page, but it's just a bribe to join mailing......
- Discover How To Generate High Conversions Form Your Squeeze Page Internet marketing is mainly about making a profit by leveraging and utilizing the resources that you already have. One such asset, and probably the most important for any internet marketer, is your email list. If you are creating your list from nothing, then one of the first steps will be......
- Two Marketing Strategies To Make Money Online With Internet Programs The first strategy to make money online is building a list. This strategy is the most important step to continue to make money long term. If you do not already have some type of autoreponder system you need to get one. Don’t be cheap here either because your entire business......
Where To Put Your Opt-In form
Now that you have the actual writing elements down, and all the technical aspects are set up, it’s important to know exactly where you should put your opt-in form. This is how people will sign up to your list, so it needs to be compelling and easy to find.
Tip #43 — Make The Signup Form Clearly Visible
Many people who are new to list building put their opt-in form on just one tiny area their webpage and wonder why no one is signing up. If your opt-in form is not clearly visible and without priority placement, you’re going to get very few sign-ups.
It is a much better idea to make it very visible and “above the fold.” That means that as soon as someone lands on your webpage they should be able to see your opt-in form without having to scroll down at all.
You should also make sure that your form is large enough to read and and uses contrasting colors from the rest of your site so that people’s eyes are drawn to it. Experiment with different priority placements to determine whether the form should be on the left side, right side, or front and center.
Tip #44 — Consider Using A Pop-Up or Pop-In
There are a lot of differing opinions on using pop-ups or pop-ins with opt-in forms. If you have a pop-up on your webpage, a box will come onto the screen with your opt-in form when someone visits. Some of these even darken the rest of the webpage that the only thing people can really see is the opt-in form.
Keep in mind that some potential customers will find this annoying and will simply leave your page. Still, many marketers have found that it greatly increased their opt-in rates. This is something you will have to test.
Tip #45 — Put An Opt-In Box On Every Page Of Your Site
Many people also make the mistake of only including an opt-in box on one or two pages of their website. If list building is a large part of your business plan (and after reading this, it had better be), you need to make sure your optin form is on every single page of your site.
If someone lands on a page of your website that does not contain an opt-in form, you’ve lost a potential lifetime customer.
By placing an opt-in box on every page of your site you know that everyone that lands there will have a chance to sign up. Making this simple change can dramatically increase your signups!
Tip #46 — Put An Opt-In Box on Your Thank You Pages
If you have an information product for sale, the chances are good that some people will buy your product even if they have not already signed up to your list.
Since you don’t want to lose contact with these customers, you should make sure there is an opt-in box on your thank you (or product download) pages.
Some people force their customers to opt-in before they get their product. This is not recommended most of the time as it can really irritate people who have bought your product and just want access to it. What you might do instead is include an extra bonus for signing up – make it an offer they cannot refuse.
Tip #47 — Offer Free Products and Put an Opt-In Box on Those Pages
One method is to offer free products that people can download in exchange for opting in. Place your opt-in form on the download page itself, or even as a requirement before they get their free product.
People absolutely love to get free items that are high quality. This will start your list out right as people will be interested in what you have to say since you gave them such great value for free.
Tip #48 — Participate in Giveaways
There are many niches where marketers hold giveaway events. This is pretty much a one-stop shop where people in your niche can grab free offers that they are interested in. People will sign up for your list in return for getting your free product.
Putting your opt-in box on one of these giveaway websites is another way to get increased exposure to those who might not have otherwise seen what you have to offer.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- A Drop of Honey Makes You Money in Negotiations Hello again, I'm Kevin McKee from Thousandaire, ready to destroy Daniel in another one of our epic arguments. Daniel is a great guy, but he and I don't usually agree on much. Luckily I'm here to straighten him out. Okay, maybe he has won our last two arguments (according to......
- Creating Free Web Traffic From Search Engines In the online business world there are two ways which you can build free web traffic. The first way is through using all the social websites across the web and the second is ranking well in search engines. Both of these have pluses, but I find if you are needing......
- Feeding Your Money Dream Natural Traffic Are you dreaming of bucket loads of money flooding your pocket books? What you really need is bucket loads of free traffic. Where do you find free traffic that can flood your website with web traffic? One of the biggest problems web sites encounter is that only 2% of you......
- How To Succeed At PPC Advertising With Powerful Landing Pages Your landing page that intend to include in any PPC advertising campaign must be optimized. You will know pretty quickly that something is amiss when your landing page fails to convert. If you want to make more money, then what follows next about landing page optimization for PPC advertising will......
- After Selecting Affiliate Products, How To Sell ? So you have joined an affiliate network (Clickbank, CJ or anything) and now you got your affiliate (referral) link. Don't know what to do next ? Now you are in the right page and it exactly matches the situation that we are going to discuss. You are aware that you......
Advanced Copywriting Techniques
Now that you thought about the basics of creating autoresponder messages, building relationships, and making money, it’s time to consider advanced copywriting techniques. While you’re not writing full-length sales letters, a lot of the techniques still apply.
Applying these time-proven methods can increase your profits substantially. These are very powerful, so make sure you always use these techniques ethically and responsible.
Tip #36 — Create Scarcity
One of the ways to make money as quickly as possible is to create scarcity when you present an offer. People have very busy lives and will put off making a purchase until later — often forgetting in the process. If you create a sense of scarcity, they will be a lot more likely to make a purchase immediately rather than waiting.
There are many different ways do this.
Only allow a certain number of a product to be sold.
If you’re an affiliate, you can limit the number of bonuses that you are presenting with that offer.
Offer a product at a very low price to begin with, with the price rising at a point in the near future.
People don’t like to feel like they are missing out, so scarcity tactics work very well. Be sure you are always truthful about this scarcity, though. If you aren’t, it can make you look dishonest.
Tip #37 — Give a Reason
Studies show that responses increase if you give a reason for taking a certain action. It doesn’t matter whether the reason for buying is a good one or not, as long as you give a reason for people to do so.
Psychology expert Cialdini notes a study where there was a line at an office where everyone was waiting for the copy machine. The researcher asked to cut ahead. The response was not very good.
However, when the researcher asked to cut ahead “because I have to make a copy” response increased substantially, simply because a reason was given.
The same thing can be applied to your copywriting. If you give a reason for people to make their purchase now, they will be a lot more likely to do so.
Tip #38 — Use Reciprocity
If you do something nice for people, it is natural for them to want to do something nice back to you. This is one of the reasons why creating a relationship with your list can be very lucrative for you in the long run.
If you give someone a gift, they feel a sense of obligation to help you out too. In this case, it might be buying a product.
Tip #39 — Offer Social Proof
Social proof is another amazing way to boost your sales. Nobody really likes to make the first move, in case we make the wrong one. The same can be said when people are buying an offer. They don’t want to take the risk of it being a bad buying decision.
If they see that other people have already purchased and have enjoyed the product, they will be a lot more likely to buy it themselves.
Some ways to incorporate social proof are…
- Include actual numbers when talking about results.
- Include case studies or before and after videos or pictures.
- Include some testimonials and even a picture of people who have used the product you are promoting.
You don’t have to do this within the e-mail copy itself, but you want to do it in the copy that you link to. You can even give some sales figures if you think that will boost their confidence.
Tip #40 — Focus On Their Emotions
Many people make their purchases based on their emotions. If you feel very strongly about something, the chances are that you’ll make a purchase, right? That is why niches based on hobbies, desperate situations, and passions are so easy to make money in.
Step into your customer’s shoes to see what their emotions are, and how you can showcase your product so they feel that it will take care of their needs or fulfill their desires.
Hitting those emotional hot buttons is often what makes people purchase quickly. If you can incorporate some honest and real emotions into your emails, you’ll stand apart from the competition.
Tip #41 — Use Contrasting Prices
People are very cost-conscious. If you are able to show a contrast in price between your product and another you can often make yours seem far more appealing.
For example, if you are selling a strategy used to eliminate stress from your life, you can compare the cost of your information product to going to a doctor to get expensive medicines.
You often put things in a different (better) light when you present them in this way.
Tip #42 — Give People a Reason To Trust You
On of the most important things you can do is make sure people know that they can trust you — and give them a reason why they should trust you. People are very skeptical so be sure to clearly spell out why they should listen to you by telling a compelling and true story.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Listing Building 101 - How To Build A Huge List To understand the art of list building you first have to know the audience you are marketing too.Â This is the key to getting people to opt in to your autoresponder. A huge mistake that many people do is they lead with a business opportunity on the front end of......
- How To Make The Amazon Associate Program Work For You If you want to earn as much as possible from the Amazon Associate Program you need to know how to pick a good niche and approach it well. After your strong foundation has been set up, all you'll have left to do is take care of the fundamentals of bringing......
- Pop Up Domination Review Hello there, thanks for visiting this evaluation. Right now I will be reviewing Pop Up Domination. Right, what is it? Well, to put it in simple terms, let's look at the publisher's brief description: - Think about this: This page will always be online, however the longer it takes you......
- A Few Affiliate Marketing Tips That You Should Consider How many offline businesses can you start without investing a penny and take to the six figure income? Even if you can find one, it takes many years to start making good money with it. Selling affiliate products online is a great business that can make you a lot of......
- Complete House Building Book By George Nash Have you ever dreamt about building your own home? This is a dream that thousands of Americans share, but the task itself can seem pretty daunting. Where do you begin and how on earth do you get the roof to stand up? George Nash answers all of these questions in......
How to Make Money With Your List
Your ultimate goal is to help people, but you also want to increase your bottom line. Learning how to make money with your list is essential — it’s also important that you don’t make mistakes that could cut into your profits.
Tip #31 — Promote Affiliate Products
One way to make money with your list is to promote affiliate products. The chances are good that no matter which niche you’re in, you can find relevant products that people will respond to. These might be information products, physical products, or even services. The important thing is that you check the product yourself for quality to make sure it’s something that you will feel good about putting your stamp of approval on.
Many list owners make the mistake of simply choosing offers based upon their commission without checking to make sure it’s something that their readers can actually use. By hand-selecting what you promote, you’ll gain the trust of your list members and they will be more likely to buy from you in the future.
In doubt? Don’t promote.
Want to learn more about affiliate marketing?
The course I recommend Affiliatenaire
Tip #32 — Promote Your Own Products
What many list owners end up doing is creating their own products (if they don’t have them already).
This gives you ultimate control over what you’re offering to your list, as you are the one who decides what goes into the product. This is amazing, because after a while you will have gotten a feel for what the members of your list really need. This allows you to zero in on their wishes and hand-deliver them a product you know they’ll be happy to pay for.
It can also be more beneficial to promote your own products, since you don’t have to split the commission as an affiliate. This can be more lucrative in the end. Having your own product can also brand you as an expert. As soon as people see your name on a book or other product, they know that you are a serious person in your field.
If you don’t have your own product yet, I recommend you check out the free information at Small Reports Fortune
Tip #33 — Presell The Product
No matter whether you’re promoting an affiliate product or you’re providing your own, you need to make sure you presell the product.
Preselling means to warm up your reader BEFORE he/she is sent to the sales page.
That means using good copywriting skills right within your e-mail that will show people that the product that you’re recommending is one that they actually need. Empathize with the reader, and show that this is a product that can do exactly what they need it to do.
That doesn’t mean you’re going to hype the product at all or lie. You can certainly make a lot of sales without making false claims about anything. It will be easier than you think to presell to your customers if you are promoting a product that you truly believe in.
Tip #34 — Create Special Offers
Creating special incentives and offers can help you to make sales. Your list members will be thrilled to get discounts just by being a member of your list. This strategy also makes being a member of your list special and exclusive – something they can’t get from the competition.
Here are some ideas…
Negotiate a special discount with a product owner if you’re an affiliate. Ask the owner for a percentage off, a free trial, or even an added bonus – just for your readers.
Create and offer an added bonus yourself. Provide it only to those readers who buy a product through your affiliate link. For instance, an extra report, audio, or maybe even your notes that you took when YOU went through the same course.
Drop your price just for your list members on a product that you own.
Offer Resale Rights or PLR rights to your own product – only to your list.
Bundle up other people’s Resale Rights products into a package and offer it at a steal.
Offer personal coaching only to your list members. (Want to know how? http://www.easycoachpro.com/yourowncoaching/ )
No matter what you decide to do, keep in mind that you need to treat your list members like gold, which means giving them offers that nobody else has access to.
If you make these offers truly special, you’ll get customers for life!
Tip #35 — Don’t Be Afraid To Change Out Products Over Time
It can be very tempting to just leave everything as it is after you’re done setting up different products to promote in your autoresponder series. The truth is that some offers may not convert as well as you thought they would. You need to check your stats and periodically clean things out. Test different offers to make sure the needs of your list members are being met — and that you’re earning as much money as possible.
That may mean trying different affiliate offers or taking note of your list member’s feedback and creating products based around that. Even though your autoresponder series can be “set and forget,” that’s not always the best case scenario.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- San Francisco Tips for Traveling If you are planning on experiencing everything that San Francisco has to offer, then it would benefit you to have some San Francisco travel tips under your belt before you get the ball rolling on your travel. Here is a brief list of some of the most important San Francisco......
- CPA Marketing - The Effortless Technique To Internet Wealth Auto Mass Commissions ReviewCPA, which stands for Cost Per Action, marketing is among the simplest techniques to enhance your Internet revenue. CPA marketing is just not as popular as traditional affiliate marketing however it is absolutely worth trying for all of us who is enthusiastic about generating cash on the......
- Cost Per Action Networks – Learn How CPA Network Operate Enter the phrase CPA on google and you will see many websites as a consequence of it. If you’ve previously heard about CPA, then there must be some perception about the service already formed up in the mind. It’s a marketing strategy that has a lot of money making probability......
- Lumene Skincare and cosmetics I haven't used many Lumene products, but I've kept a running list of products to check out, as I do for other brands. I like their slogan: You can't predict the future, but you can change it. So far as I know, only CVS in our area carries Lumene, which......
- Powerful Web-based Marketing And Advertising Solution Launches Total Product Blueprint ReviewWeb based merchandise launches for digital products are huge business enterprise. But for several sincere and beneficial meaning people beginning out, a products start usually means almost nothing greater than placing their merchandise in to the Clickbank Market and hoping for that top. Which is not a......
Relationship Building Secrets
We’ve already discussed how important it is to build a relationship with the members of your list. Still, that doesn’t mean it’s easy. The chances are good that you are competing with several other marketers who have a list in your niche, and you need to come out on top to win.
That means building a relationship, gaining their trust, and really standing out. Yes, you probably want to make as much money as possible with your list, but that often means having them trust you first.
This is your “give,” while the monetary gains they will eventually receive is your “take.”
Tip #26 — Keep The Long-Term Results In Your Mind
If you’ve been a member of other lists you might have noticed that they seem to “use” their list members. This can really make you feel sick and used.
The same thing can happen with members who join your list. Before you send your message, always think about the long-term effects that message could have. If you’re just trying to make a quick buck, and you’re not promoting quality, it will come back to bite you in the end.
That means if you’re an affiliate you should review the products that you’re promoting to make sure they are high quality. Don’t promote something just because there is a high commission for you! The same thing applies if you sell physical products. Make sure that everything you do and the products that you promote are in the best interest of those who have subscribed.
Tip #27 — Showcase Yourself As An Expert
The people who have signed up for your list have probably done so because they want to learn more about what you have to say. They would not sign up if they weren’t sure they could learn valuable information or gain some insights for doing so.That’s why you should present yourself as an expert at all times. That doesn’t mean being “cocky” or giving out false information. It simply means relaying information you deem important, and knowing that the advice you’re giving is in the best interest for the members of your list.
People trust and look up to experts. Your relationship with your list will grow stronger than ever as you share your expert strategies, tips, and tricks to help your list members.
Tip #28 — Show Your Members Real Results or Data
If you run a business that can offer case studies or data; you will get the best results by sharing these things with your list members.
For example, if you are an expert at selling items on eBay, you can show real-life case studies from your sales last week. Show people how you write your copy, price your items, and got the most out of each sale.
This works across many different types of businesses. The point is that people like to see real-time results, and they are often impressed by and respond to them.
This works very well if you are eventually going to promote a product that you have used. So, as an eBay seller, you might have read some books that helped you get to the point you’re at now.
You can recommend the same books to other people, and earn commission from them if you don’t have your own product.
Tip #29 — Show Your Readers That You Care
One thing that should be at the top of your agenda at all times is showing your list members that you care about them. This is especially true in some niches where people are going through a difficult period in their lives. It doesn’t matter which niche you’re in, however, people are more likely to be responsive if they know that you care about their needs, wants, and desires.
By simply empathizing with them and showing that you know exactly what they are going through, you will appear as more trustworthy. It should be easy for you to do as you are an expert in the topic and you know a lot about the people in your niche. If you’re not quite sure about what they’re going through, you can always visit niche forums and read posts written by people in the niche.
For instance, if your niche is pregnancy fitness, then visit pregnancy message boards and search for “exercise” to see what questions, comments, and concerns your potential readers may have.
Tip #30 — Ask For Their Feedback
Just because you have an autoresponder sequence set up does not mean it has to be a one-sided conversation. You can get a lot of valuable information simply by surveying your list members every so often and asking for input.
Give them some sort of incentive for filling out a survey for you (free report, audio, video, discount coupon, or free service), and you’ll gain access to what they really need and want from your list. This helps build your relationship with your readers because they feel like they are valued and that you really care about them and their needs.
How do you set up a survey?
You can simply have them reply to your e-mail messages, or you can set up a more formal poll or survey. There are many popular options out there, with one of the well known ones being SurveyMonkey.com.Related Websites
- Article Marketing Strategies – Are You Using Them? Article marketing is a powerful method to generate traffic to your sites, build an online presence, and make sales. But just knowing that is not enough. Actually putting together a successful article marketing campaign is something else entirely. But you will need to spend your energy in the form of......
- You Can Create Additional Money Using This List Marketing System I am positive that if you are visiting this page, you will be interested in Wordpress Themes. Marketing to your own list of subscribers has been a rewarding endeavor since the beginning. But if you have ever made an effort and failed, then you comprehend that a list does not......
- How to Use Freebies to Boost Your Business Success If you have a business either online or off you should be trying everything you can to drive every last [/caption] sale that you can get – from email marketing to SEO. But have you considered the power of free stuff yet? No? Well here’s how to use freebies to......
- How The World's Cheapest Car Is Bad For Your Wallet India's Tata Motors just unveiled its 100,000 rupee car today. According to today's exchange rate, that works out to $2,551 which makes it the world's cheapest car. Its a small car, with a 624 cc engine and seats 4 adults comfortably. (If you've ever sat in a rickshaw, you'd have......
- Your List Building Project – Simple Mistakes That Can Destroy It For those of you who know a lot about marketing online, you are probably familiar with the saying “lists will get you cash”. Leading online marketers are always teaching their students that creating focused email lists of potential members is essential. And the fact is, yes this is the holy......
Tip #22 — Study The Basics Of Copyrighting Before Getting Started
You may not think of yourself as a copywriter, but I recommend that you study the basics of copy to make the most of your list.
Elements such as the AIDA formula will certainly improve the responsiveness of your list.
AIDA stands for:
This means capturing their attention, interest, desire, and finally having them perform the desired action.
No, I’m certainly not recommending that you hold off on starting a list or growing your list until you’re a highly skilled copywriter, but I do recommend that you continue to study copywriting to continually improve your results.
If this sounds really difficult, you may wish to purchase an ecourse with PLR rights at www.MostlySanePLR.com
Tip #23 — Focus On The Subject Line
While all elements of the e-mail are important, you will want to focus on the subject line.
If people don’t like what they see and are not enticed to click, they simply will not open your message. On the other hand, if your headline is attention-grabbing, they can’t help but click on your message to see it. Once they’ve opened your e-mail, it’s going to be that much easier to build your relationship and make sales.
My absolute favorite course on this topic is:
Subject Line Secrets by Jimmy D. Brown
Tip #24 — Study Autoresponder E-mails That You’ve Responded To
As a marketer, the chances are good that you’re receiving emails from several other lists. Do you notice that you open some marketers e-mails more than others? You can learn a lot from this.
Save the e-mails that really grab your attention and make you respond, either by “labeling” them if you’re using Gmail.com or sorting those messages into a folder marked “Hot Copy”.
You can “swipe” certain copy ideas (not the subject lines themselves, but the ideas used) for use in your own e-mails to make them more attention-grabbing and response-inducing.
Tip #25 — Consider The Length Of Your E-mails
There are some people who hate writing so much that their e-mails are only ever a paragraph or so long. There are others who are so prolific that their e-mails go on for pages. It’s probably best to find something in between.
If you are a writer who tends to go on and on, you have to remember that people are very busy. They often don’t have time to read long e-mails. On the other hand, you’re probably not providing much value or making enough of an effort if your e-mails are too short.
Find a happy medium, and your response rates will likely improve.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Blog Carnival vs Blogroll A blogroll is a list of blogs that is usually placed in the sidebar or along the bottom of a blog, reading as a list of blogger-recommended blogs and other websites. A better way for bloggers to share this information with their readers is through the release of a Blog......
- What You Need To Know About Internet Marketing Tools Currently that you have started your own earn a living from home or web business you will would like to start out acquiring some net promoting tools thus that you can begin generating some traffic to your internet site. Currently who wouldn't wish to get selling tools at as......
- Direct Mailing For Internet Marketers And Online Business Owners It may not have crossed your mind as an Internet marketer to use direct mail to send out word of your online business. This is something that you should correct immediately. Simply, direct mail is one of the tried and true methods of spreading the word about your business. Regular......
- Stopping Junk Mail in it's Tracks in 10 Minutes. Ever have one of those days where you realize the pile on your desk can't be overlooked any longer? Today I took a serious look at that growing stack of my "to do" pile, and decided it's time to deal with it. I soon realized that 75% or more of......
- Golden Rules of Product Marketing Success If you would like to promote your business online, check out these ten valuable internet marketing tips for you: Set definite goals. There are a variety of website marketing strategies that you can choose from. Before taking action, it’s important to clearly define your purpose. For example, would you......
Tip #19 — Decide When To Make Your First Sales Pitch
Some marketers are focused on making the sale right away. However, you may want to consider holding off until you are at least a few messages into email sequence.
Now, this rule doesn’t apply if people sign up to get a coupon or special product offer. Then they would expect that they are going to be sold to right away.
An example of this type of notification list would be PRLSO CLUB
It’s an excellent case study of how Jimmy D. Brown uses a notification style list and sells to them from the get-go.
In fact, people sign up just to receive these special offers. If you want to create a list of “buyers” you may wish to sign up for his list – even if it’s just to analyze his methods.
However if your list members signed up to get some valuable information, they may not take too kindly to getting pitched to right away. This is something you may want to test, but you need to think about the relationship first and the money later in most cases.
Tip #20 — Split Test For The Perfect Balance
As your list grows, you will want to split test your messages. You might find that the way you set things up in the beginning was not the optimal way. We all want to improve our results and split testing makes that achievable. By tweaking a few things here and there you can increase your open rate and the desired responses your list makes.
If you have a good autoresponder company, the chances are good that they will provide you with the information and tools you need to split test.
Companies like Aweber will automatically send half of your list one message and the other half a different message. They will then track the results so you can compare them and make changes.
Tip #21 — Consider The 3-to-1 Formula
A popular formula that some of the top marketers use is sending 3 relationship building e-mails to every 1 sales e-mail. This is especially important in the beginning stages, and will set the tone for later e-mails.
What you might want to do is have the first e-mail be entirely focused on offering quality information and building a relationship, the second e-mail making a very soft pitch, the third e-mail selling a little harder, and finally the fourth e-mail blatantly promoting a product.
If it makes you feel more comfortable having a system to work with, then this is a sequence that you may wish to follow.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Creating Value in Your Marketing Just recently I witnessed Frank Kern launch hi Core Influence Campaign, Which lead nicely into his List Control Product which if I remember correctly was like $2997, I think he sold over 1000 copies in one day.. I could be wrong but I think it's somewhere around there.Â Much of......
- What are Backlinks And just how Do You Build Web page Backlinks Welcome towards the weird and wonderful world of backlinks. If you are just starting out having a new site or online advertising marketing campaign the information and facts here will provide you with a better idea of where to begin constructing links for your website. After some ages of making......
- How to Build Meaningful and Lasting Relationships Building a meaningful and lasting relationship is one of the most complex goals that people sharing intimate moments are faced with. There is no clear cut formula in maintaining a relationship. Since the two parties in a relationship have unique personalities with diverse experiences, goals, vision and disposition, assessing......
- Creating Stamp Records [/caption]When it comes to creating stamp records for all you stamp collectors, it can be a daunting process, but good news for you there is new software available for your computer to make creating stamp records easier, so that you can organize and keep track of all of your collectible......
- How To Make Money Online Series Making Money Online With List Building Series Article 12 List Building on the internet is collecting email addresses for marketing purposes. Having a list of people to email allows you to sell various products. There are several ways to build a list. Essentially, any way you see in this series......