Niche marketing is often difficult to understand because it goes against the grain of what you may have been taught about marketing. Many people are under the assumption that the more people you can reach with your product or service, the better your chances of making a sale. In all actuality, this type of thinking wastes a lot of time and energy and rarely generates the return you’re hoping to achieve.
You want to narrow your market down as specifically as possible to a small “niche” of potential customers. Then focus your efforts on getting them to buy. Why waster your time selling to those who have no interest in what you have to offer and therefore, have no intention of every purchasing from you?
To help you understand niche marketing further and how it can benefit you and lead to bigger success, here are some examples.
A great example of niche marketing is virtual assistant businesses. A virtual assistant service is a niche because they market to a specified group of people wanting and needing their administrative and technical services without the need to hire an in-house employee.
While virtual assistance is a niche market in its own right, in order to be more successful VAs should consider narrowing their niche down even further. Tapering down the services offered to an even smaller list is extremely beneficial to service providers such as VAs. Most virtual assistants find the most success when a niche is clearly defined and only a few services, as opposed to a wide array of them, are performed.
For instance, a virtual assistant may offer specialized services to real estate agents, coaches, Internet marketers, etc. If the VA really wants to see results she could go even further with her niche and offer ghostwriting services, content management services, proofreading and editing, or something else. The key is to specialize in one or two things your target customer is in need of and become the expert in that area.
There are literally millions of potential customers an Internet marketer can cater to. However, just like the virtual assistant, the biggest success will come when an Internet marketer narrows down his or her target market. Here are some common niches these marketers provide information to.
- Newbie Internet Marketers
- Moms in Online Business
- Info Product Creators
- Article Marketers
- Content Site Owners
Keep in mind even these groups can be broken down further to create a tighter, more defined niche market.
Another way to help further define niche is to contrast it to the masses. Mass marketing is just that, marketing to the masses…millions of people. A niche, on the other hand, is a small, defined group of people.
One example is pets. While they are a niche, they are a very large niche. However, you can narrow the large niche into a smaller, more defined niche by specifying cats, dogs, birds and so on. You can take it a step even further and narrow each of these niches down to a specific breed of dogs, cats or birds.
As you can see in the examples above, by narrowing your market you’re able to focus on the type of work you want to do and enjoy. Zoning in on a niche makes it easier to maintain a concentrated marketing focus instead of trying to service everyone in every area of business.
Remember the old saying “You can’t please all of the people all of the time.” This is true no more than in niche marketing.
How Internet Marketing Software Can Help You Find and Reach Your Market
Many people who once did things “for fun only” are now looking for ways to turn their hobby into a money making business. They are quickly learning how niche marketing can help boost their new found business into success. Finally, people are beginning to take niche marketing and online marketers, for that matter, seriously. I say it’s about time.
For the once hobbyist turned online business owner, conducting the necessary research to help define their niche market doesn’t come naturally. One of the reasons for this is because for years they were taught appealing to the masses was the way to go in order to be successful. Enter software developers and marketing companies.
It’s now easier than ever for even the most novice Internet business owner to learn the ins and outs of conducting market research in a quick and easy manner. Internet marketing software is being developed quite frequently to help with all aspects of starting and running a profitable business online, and niche market information is not left out by any means.
Areas where software can help with defining and catering to your niche market include:
Keyword Research – Some programs work by performing keyword searches for the most popular words or phrases people are searching for on the Internet. If you were to actually do this type of research manually, you would spend tons of time and probably never get your business off the ground. Keyword research software and programs do the ‘dirty work’ for you.
Protection – Another advantage of using software to help start or grow your niche marketing business is by offering protection for your website. With so many people beginning to realize the effectiveness of niche marketing now, content often gets copied off of websites or blogs. Some companies include added protection for your niche blog or website within their program.
Email Marketing Campaigns – If you plan to create an email list for your business (which I highly recommend) you’ll need a program to help automate, test, track and make this process easier. There are various programs out there including Aweber.com, WahmCart.com and more that provide various levels to suit your email marketing needs. Be sure to take your time in deciding which one is right for you.
Link Building Software – Creating links back to your website from others is extremely important in getting your business out there. However, if you’re not creating them in places your niche market will look, they aren’t going to be doing you as much good. Again, you’ll be playing to the masses when you could focus your efforts on a more specific market and reap better results.
Information Management & Organization – There are many programs out there (some of which are even free) that you can use to easily organize your website’s content. One that many marketers find very useful for many purposes is the WordPress platform. What was once just a blogging platform can now be used to create websites with multiple contributors, arrange content by type or information and more.
Finding the perfect marketing software that’s right for you creating your own niche business may take a little research because not all marketing software is equal and one program may not have all the features you desire. One Internet marketing software program may offer keyword research capabilities and nothing more. Another one may help you define your niche and offer other tools to help develop your niche. A little effort and determination is all you’ll need to find the program that suits your business needs best.
As with any type of software, make sure you’re getting what you pay for. There are a lot of hyped up marketers out there that promise and never deliver or only partially deliver. So do some legwork first and try to find software you can try before you buy or that comes with a money back guarantee.
How to Find Your Perfect Niche
In the world of niche marketing, the possibilities are endless when it comes to finding a niche that’s right for you. In this article, I’ll be sharing with you some tips to help you find a niche you’ll love. After all, if you love what you do it’s easier to stay focused and continue to promote and profit from for years to come.
Time to Dump Your Thoughts – Let’s Brainstorm!
The first step you need to take in order to find your perfect niche is to sit down and brainstorm. With a piece of paper in hand or on your computer, start writing down everything you love to do or things you’re passionate about. To get the wheels spinning, I’m going to give you some ideas that may hit home or spark an idea of your own.
As you can probably see, the possibilities are endless. So, from this list, I’m going to teach you how to find a niche that’s right for you.
Continuing with the brainstorming, I’m going to choose make-up as my passion; this is just an example, but it will show you how to break down your passion into a niche that’s ideal for you.
Sub-Niching for Greater Results
Make-up is obviously a very large niche so instead of focusing on one big item – let’s niche down. Here are some possible smaller niches that fall within the make-up niche:
- Make-up for actors and actresses
- Make-up for your eyes only
- Halloween make-up
- Make-up for the acne prone
- Make-up as you age
- Make-up for teens
- Make-up for darker complexions
- Make-up for red-heads
This list is only a very tiny one. There are literally thousands of sub-niches I could go into when it comes to make-up or almost any other niche.
Now out of one of those smaller niches, the next step in how to find a niche that’s perfect for you is to think about which one you love the most or which one you have the most knowledge about. Since niche marketing is an extremely focused type of marketing, you definitely need a passion for what you’re doing as well as lots of knowledge. Those things will keep you going when you find yourself unmotivated or wanting to throw in the towel. Trust me; there will come a time this happens no matter what topic you’re working with.
Once You’ve Found Your Perfect Fit
After you determine which niche is perfect for you, think about how you’ll market your niche for the most effective results.
Let’s use make-up for darker complexions as an example. Where is a good place to find people with darker complexions? Tanning booths and hair salons are just a few places that come to mind. You would then look at advertising your product on those types of websites, stores, forums, etc.
Remember, with niche marketing your target audience should be very specific and well researched in order to achieve the highest success and make the most of your time and effort.
How to Use Niche Marketing Articles to Boost Your Business
All types of article marketing take effort, time and know how. The main purpose of any marketing is to eventually lead your readers into wanting to know more about you, your business or to purchase your product or service. Because niche marketing is directed to such a defined market, you need to know how to write your articles so they are the most effective use of your resources. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
Tip 1: Determine Your Intent
You must first determine what it is you want your article to accomplish. By this I don’t mean make sales because ultimately everyone who uses article marketing wants this. Instead think of the action you want your readers to take immediately after they finish reading the article.
Here are a few examples to get your juices flowing:
- Interaction with You – Do you want your readers to comment on the article, give you feedback, etc.?
- Lead Readers to Your Website for More Information – Do you want your readers to visit your website to learn more?
- Get Yourself Noticed – Do you want to develop trust with your readers?
Tip 2: Decide on a Topic
This may be the hardest part of the article writing process. You want to determine exactly what it is you need to write about. In order to come up with a topic that your target market will want to know more about, you’ll need to know your market first. Do your research. Visit some forums, message boards, social networking sites to determine what it is your potential customer or client needs from you.
Tip 3: Grab Your Reader’s Attention – QUICK!
You want your customers to find your article on the Internet. This means your articles need to be keyword searchable by the search engines. Using certain keywords throughout your article so that it’s picked up by the search engines when your potential customers type that keyword into their search engine.
Important Tip Regarding Keywords: Don’t overdo your keyword placement. It’s best to have the keywords in the title of the article as well as strewn about naturally in the body. Remember – “naturally.” If you stuff your article with unnecessary keywords over and over it can actually do more harm than good.
When people are searching for information on the web they scan articles before they ever even begin to read the details. Here is an example of how to catch their attention with your article titles. Once you do this, keeping them reading will come easier.
Your niche is indoor plant automatic watering systems. Your target market is plant owners going on vacation. The first thing your reader will see is the title of your article so make it one that will grab their attention and tell them what your article is about. Here’s an example:
“Rest Easy While You’re on Vacation and Let [Name of Product] Water your Plants.”
As you can see, using key words like “rest easy” and “water your plants” catches their eye because chances are they’ll be worried about their plants getting watered and not dying while they’re gone.
Another catchy title: “Save Money! Let [Name of Product] Water Your Plants While You’re on Vacation.”
“Saving money” is always an eye catcher and “watering your plants” peaks the interest of your potential customer.
Tip 4: Stay Focused
After you’ve captured your audience’s attention with a killer title, now comes the hard part. You have to keep their interest by providing them with quality information they can use. This is accomplished by defining a clear focus for your article and sticking with it. Here are a few things to avoid when writing an article for your market.
- Veering off into something unrelated to the topic of your article.
- Get too wordy.
- Filling the article with information that’s simply being restated in a different way.
Keeping your article short enough to hold a reader’s interest but informative enough to develop trust and a want to know more is the ultimate goal of any article for article marketing purposes. State your case, show them your knowledge on the subject and invite them to know more.
Using articles to assist in your niche marketing efforts is a great way to reach your specific audience, give them information they need, develop relationships and increase your profit online. Keep the tips above in mind with each and every article you write and you’ll put yourself ahead of the curve.
Increase Your Chances of Business Success by Developing a Niche Marketing Strategy
Developing a niche marketing strategy may sound foreign to some business owners. This is probably because we tend to think the more people we can reach with our product, the higher the chances we have to sell our product or services. Now while this may sound good, it actually defeats your marketing efforts and can result in lost money.
To help you better understand how you can increase your chances of business success by developing a niche marketing strategy, let me explain the concept further. Let’s use the example of expensive skin care products.
You may think that marketing your product to every single woman is going to help sell more products. This in fact is in correct. You’ll spend many hours and lots of money marketing to an enormous group of people who don’t have the kind of money necessary to purchase your skin care products. Wouldn’t that time and money be better spent on those who CAN afford it?
When you spend less hours and time marketing to women in the corporate world or in the professional world (to give you a few examples) who have the money to spend on your skin care product, you’re chances of selling to them increase dramatically.
This is what is known as niche marketing. You find your little niche and focus your marketing efforts on that group of people. As you can see in the above example, your chances of business success increase dramatically by developing a niche marketing strategy to reach the people who want and need your product. Not to mention, if you can spend less time and make more money it’s bound to be positive, right?
The key to developing a niche marketing strategy is to find the people who have the money to buy your product, need your product and are willing to buy it. You may have to do a little research at first in order to find these people, but once you do, you’ll be able to market directly to them, increasing your chances of increased profits.
Now, you might be asking yourself “That’s great but what if my product will work for a larger audience? Why limit myself?”
You may be right. Your product may be something you can offer various groups (niches) of people. If so, that’s wonderful, but I still suggest you focus on the niche that has the highest probability of purchasing from you first. Here’s why.
Once you’ve made some money using your niche marketing strategy, then you can begin marketing to a larger group of people followed by an even larger group. After a while, you might find yourself marketing to the entire country and then the world, but now you can do it on a budget you can afford without sacrificing all of your time and money.
So, next time you think that niche marketing isn’t going to help lead you down the path to business success, think again. Just like anything else, start small and work your way up for the best results. You’ll be glad you did in the end.
Make Money with Niche Affiliate Marketing
If you are interested in niche marketing and how to turn your hobby or passion into a successful business, you need to know what niche affiliate marketing is and how it works. First, let’s talk about what affiliate marketing is and then we’ll go over what niche affiliate marketing is.
Affiliate Marketing in a Nutshell
Affiliate marketing is basically promoting products or services for another person or company. Many business owners, authors and speakers have various products they offer online. When you sign up to become an affiliate marketer for them, every time you refer a sale from your blog or website, you get a commission.
Obviously you need to do some good endorsement of the products or services you’re promoting on your site in order to generate sales. You can’t just slap some products links and banners up and expect people to click on them. This rarely works.
Niche Marketing & Affiliate Marketing Working Hand in Hand
With that in mind, let’s talk about niche affiliate marketing and how it differs from just affiliate marketing. Niche affiliate marketing is the promotion of affiliate products or services targeted to reach a specific audience. Therefore, in order to reach that audience your site and the products you promote need to all be in the same niche for the best results.
When your potential customers plug specific keyword into the search engine and come to your site, the ads and promotions you have should also be geared toward your specific niche. It won’t do any good to have fishing lures on a site that’s all about bowling. The visitors who come to your bowling site are looking for information about bowling, not fishing lures.
However, if your niche is fishing boats, an ad that promotes fishing boat accessories makes much more sense and your visitors are more likely to click on it. After they get done reading your content and determining you know your stuff (because you are positioning yourself as the expert and giving them quality and useful information, right?) they may just click on your affiliate link or graphic to go shop for items they need for their own boat.
Of course the content on your site has to be trustworthy and reliable, as well as your blog or site needs to look well made, professional and inviting for visitors to stick around long enough to see your niche affiliate marketing banners and links. If you seem unreliable or unprofessional your visitors aren’t going to trust the products you promote either.
The potential for niche affiliate marketing is great when there is thought, research and effort put into it. Remember, it’s all about finding and appealing to the perfect potential customer.
Niche Definition – Helping You Understand Niche Marketing
When it comes to the Internet there are a lot of terms frequently used and many times you may find yourself having no idea what those terms mean or how they apply to marketing online. One such word is “niche.” Some of us may know what a niche is in terms of biology or even the corporate world. You might say “She found her niche in nursing.” While this is a correct definition of niche in everyday use, it’s not quite accurate regarding the world of Internet marketing.
In the world of Internet marketing the definition of niche takes on a whole new meaning. Having a clear meaning will help you focus and market to those people who are interested in and wanting to purchase your product or service, which will increase the success of your online business.
Here is how Wikipedia defines niche as it pertains to the online world. “A niche market is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focusing on.”
While that may seem a bit unclear to some still, basically it tells you a niche is a smaller portion of a larger piece. In this case a market.
So, just how do you go about defining your niche so that you can focus and reach your target market? Begin with a large market and narrow it down into all possible smaller niche markets.
Take for instance work at home moms (WAHM). There is a whole huge world of moms out there that work from home, either online, in direct sales or running some other type of business. While that is a niche, that is a very large niche and you’re not going to be able to target individual work at home moms very well.
However, by breaking down the niche even further, you will begin to see the different sub-niches possible in the work at home mom arena. Some examples are:
- WAHMs with newborns
- WAHMs who are also homeschoolers
- Virtual Assistants WAHMs
- Direct Sales WAHMs
- WAHMs who help other WAHMs be successful
The list can go on and on. There are probably thousands of different sub-niches under the work at home mom umbrella. The point is that you can increase your chances of success by focusing in on a specific area of your niche. You may have heard this called “niching down” by some marketers. In other words, you choose a broad market and niche down to find your perfect customer who is more likely to respond to your offers.
As you can see, finding the right niche for you will be determined by how well you are able to define your niche to reach the target market of people you wish to promote your products or services to. The more detailed and specific your niche, the more success you will have.
Three Steps to Help You Identify Your Niche
You want to be a niche marketer but you’re not sure which niche is right for you? Here are some steps to help you identify your niche.
1. Brainstorm: write down all the things you have a passion for or a hobby you love.
2. Narrow broader terms with smaller, more specified terms.
3. Take the more specified terms and narrow them down to an even smaller possible niche.
Now obviously that’s not all there is to helping you identify your niche. You will need to think about and do some research on the various possibilities of niches to see if there is a market for your passion.
You’ll also need to check out your competitors and see if there are products you can sell related to your passion. Chances are there are, but you also need to make sure there is a large enough market to build a long standing successful business from. Trendy and passing fads come and go and if you choose a niche that falls into either of these categories, you’ll soon be out of business, so try to steer away from those topics or at least use them to supplement a more sturdy and stable business subject.
When writing out the steps to help you identify your niche, you’ll want to do some keyword researching to see if it’s a topic people are looking for on the Internet. You can do this a number of ways including buying software that does it for you or performing the search yourself. There are a couple of online tools you can use as well to help you identify your niche and conduct a keyword search. They are WordTracker (http://www.wordtracker.com) and Google’s Keyword Search Tool (http://www.google.com/sktool/).
Once you’ve identified a niche you think you can find success with, do a regular search online to see how many other people are working in this same niche. If there are millions, you may want to reconsider. If there are only a few hundred or so, you’ve probably got a great product you’re your niche market. Keep in mind, if there are little to no interest in a product, you may want to consider rethinking your idea.
Remember, large businesses don’t have time to focus on one product or a small group of targeted customers. If your niche is too small, you may not have enough interest from consumers to stay in business long. So use the steps above, identify your niche market, do some research and in before you know it you’ll have a successful business in niche marketing.
What are the Advantages of Niche Marketing?
Perhaps you’ve heard of niche marketing and may even understand what it is. But, you’re not quite sure of the advantages of niche marketing and how it can work for you. In this article, I’m going to explain a little about what niche marketing is for those who don’t quite understand it. Through the explanation I’ll be able to better show you the advantages of niche marketing.
Niche marketing is the opposite of mass marketing. Most of us know that mass marketing is marketing to the largest amount of people in all situations and lifestyles and from all backgrounds. Niche marketing is the opposite of that because your focus is on a much smaller group of people who are interested, need and who actually want your product.
Now, you’re probably asking, “Why would I want to focus on a smaller group of people when I’ve learned that the more people who see my product the better my chances of making a sale?” I understand your thinking, so in the next couple of paragraphs I’m going to help you understand why this marketing tactic works and the advantages of niche marketing over mass marketing.
Want Not Waste Not
Niche marketing works because you’re focusing all your effort reaching those people who have the money to buy your product or service, who are interested in what you have to sell and who need your products or services.
Why waste time, money and efforts on people who are not interested and most likely never will be in what you have to say and offer? Remember, it’s about working the least amount of time and making the most amount of money.
When you advertise to people who have no interest in what you have to offer, you’re throwing money down the drain. Not only are you wasting money, but your precious time. Remember, time is money in business. So even if you spend nothing on advertising you do spend time getting the word out. You’ll spend less time and money in your marketing efforts when you niche down.
Make More Moola
Finally, there’s the added benefit of making more sales to people who actually want what you have to offer. So, not only will you be saving money on marketing campaigns, your chances of making a sell increases dramatically.
Soon, you’ll be selling so many of your products, you’ll have to consider increasing your staff and may even want to narrow your niche down further so that you can enjoy living life instead of working so hard all the time.
What is a Niche?
What is a niche? This is a question commonly asked, especially among those new to Internet marketing. So, to put it simply, a niche in the marketing sense is a specified group of people with a common interest. For instance, you may be interested in or have a lot of knowledge about boats and boating. While that is a broad, general niche, when it comes to niche marketing it really helps to narrow the field down even further, to reach an even more specified group of people.
Think of how you could narrow down boating to reach a tighter group of people within the boating niche. There are the various types of boats, boating products such as special waxes and cleaners, boating attire and boating gear. You can narrow your niche down even further within those categories and sell one product from it.
Another good example to help answer the question, “What is a niche?” is the food industry. While the food industry is obviously huge, there are thousands, if not millions, of products you could sell to a more defined niche.
Niche marketing is marketing to a specified group of people. Some of you may be asking, “Why would I want to target such a seemingly small group of people?”
There are a few reasons actually. First, while it may seem like you’re marketing to a much smaller group of people, you’re actually not. What you’re doing is focusing on, and therefore specializing in, a specific product or service.
Being a niche marketer works well because larger businesses don’t bother focusing on one or two specific products. If you do your research before settling on a niche, you should be able to find a niche that not very many other people are reaching with a specific product. This helps set you up as the go to person without having to compete with those larger companies.
So, now that we’ve answered, “What is a niche?” let’s talk about choosing a niche that’s right for you. When niche marketing, it helps to build a business or sell something you’re passionate about. Because you’ll be focused and considered an expert, you also need to have a lot of knowledge about your specific product or service. Think about something you love to do, such as a hobby first. Then think about how you can narrow it down to a more specific group of responsive people. You may need to do some additional research to gain all the knowledge you can, but it will pay off.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Are You Asking Yourself, Why Blog? The first question that needs answering when it comes to journeying down the path to creating a social media endeavor like a corporate blog is "Why?" For business, it is already expected that a company have a website presence, but what do consumers really want to see when they try......
- 3 Steps to Help You Find Old Paper Money There are some collectors who are not content with the newest currency on the market – they want to find the old paper money that is highly sought after. This type of paper currency can be incredibly difficult to find, simply because paper money does not stand up to the......
- Internet Marketing Success - Marketing Your Business To The World Wide Web Using A Proven System We live in a global economy, due in large part to the increasing popularity of the internet and e-commerce businesses. Thanks to the internet, the whole world is as close as our internet connection, and business is conducted at the speed of DSL and broadband connections worldwide. Because of this,......
- Marketing A Local Business-Write Better Blog Articles Marketing a local business is taking on new forms today. For example, you can promote your local business everyday by writing short useful blog articles that relate to the theme of your small business. We are not talking about writing Pulitzer Prize quality articles either. Just short, to the point......
- Group Coaching: There Is Strength In Numbers Coaching on the Internet is one thing that many Internet marketers are turning to. There are various options available to you when it comes to finding someone to help you build your business. In this article we want to talk about group coaching and the benefits of having more than......
If you sell physical products or have a storefront, this section is definitely for you. Even if you consider your business to be strictly online, there are a few golden nuggets here that you’ll want to pay close attention to.
Off-line promotion is something that many online marketers forget about and neglect. The truth is that there are many people out there who would enjoy being on your list, and who will be very responsive to doing so. However, if you never take the time to reach them — you won’t!
Tip #71 — Include Opt-In Forms with Shipments
As you ship packages you should include a postcard or form that makes it easy for your customers to join your list. They can send this form back to you, and you can enter their e-mail address manually. Another option is to explain the advantages of being on your list and direct them to a website where they can go sign up themselves.
This is a great strategy because you know that the people who are receiving a shipment are proven customers. That means there are a lot more likely to be responsive.
Of course a better alternative would be to invest in a shopping cart that has an autoresponder built in. That way your customers can automatically be added to your email lists.
Tip #72 — Visit Tradeshows
The chances are good that there are tradeshows related to your niche in your area. If you go to these you can find people who would be interested in joining your list. People are more likely to trust a face-to-face interaction than an online one. These contacts can turn into lifetime customers for you.
In fact, this tip works well whether you have physical products or you focus your energies strictly online.
Tip #73 — Advertise in Magazines
Many people are surprised to find how inexpensive it is to advertise in targeted magazines. You can often pay a lot less than the advertised price in the magazine. All you need to do is ask the ad team what kind of special deal they can give you.
It’s often easiest to find smaller magazines that have a very targeted audience. Write your ad copy to explain that you’re giving something away for free, or talk about a special promotion you’re having. Once again, it doesn’t matter whether you focus your energies online or off-line, this strategy can work for you.
Tip #74 — Send Postcards
This strategy is not quite as targeted as including an opt-in form on postcards with shipments, but it can still work. You can send postcards to lists of people that you have purchased, or in targeted geographic areas. These postcards should focus on the benefits of signing up for your list and visiting your website. This can be a very time-consuming and costly experience, so make sure you’re going to see a return on your investment by doing a small test first.
Tip #75 — Display Your Domain Everywhere You Can
This is a great strategy that can really help to brand yourself. You want to include your domain and logo on every package, letter, flier, etc. The more people see your domain name, the more likely they are to visit. As you know, the more people you get to visit, the more sign ups you’ll get.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Benefiting from the Satellite TV Wars Yesterday I saw some prominent web advertising from Dish Network. It is now offering new subscribers a free upgrade to HD programming - for life. The conditions were a 24 month contract and autopay. This intrigued me as part of my battle plan to reduce recurrent expenses in our media......
- How To Grow Your Subscriber-Count The Simple Way Getting more subscribers to opt-in to your email list is all about taking consistent action to make it easy for people to subscribe and at the same time take every possible action to get targeted exposure. In the following article we shall be looking into three unique tips to help......
- How To Make Money Online Series Making Money Online as A Virtual Assistant or Customer Service Rep Series Article 18 A Virtual Assistant, or VA, is a skilled professional who provides administrative support and other specialized services to businesses, entrepreneurs, executives, and others who have more work to do than the time to do it in.......
- Social Media Advertising - Fad, Worry Or Colleague? 5 steps of social media marketing strategiesAdore it? Individuals who use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube amongst other channels turn out to be fanatical. It's addicting, and not to point out social media marketing very helpful, to uncover your self on your own sitting in targeted traffic, in the bookstore or......
- Tips for Online Shopping and Rare Coins Anyone living in an area with few coin shops understands how difficult it can be to find the different coins that they are interested in. These different coin shops simply do not have the rare coins that serious coin collectors are looking for, making it difficult for them to continue......
Promoting Your List
Promoting your list is one of the most important pieces of the list-profit puzzle. If no one knows about your list, no one will be able to sign up. That’s why promoting your list on your website is essential and it’s why I will keep repeating it until I’m sure that you’ve done it.
In fact, even if you get everything else on this list right but don’t have the traffic, you are never going to have the profitable list that you want.
The other steps are important, but once your list is created and ready you really need to focus on your promotional strategies to grow your list to bigger sizes!
Tip #53 — Add Your Site to Directories
One of the best ways you can make sure you generate lots of traffic and recognition is your niche is to add your site to directories. There are some directories that are niche specific, and others that are more general. The point is that the more places that contain a link to your website where your opt-in forms are, the better.
Another benefit to submitting to directories is that you’ll get more back links to your website. This will help your search engine rankings for sure!
If you’d like to outsource this, here’s an excellent service:
Tip #54 — Use Article Marketing
Another excellent way to promote your website and get more people to your website (and therefore onto your mailing list) is to write articles and submit them to article directories.
In case the idea of article marketing is new to you, it works like this.
- You write an article.
- You publish it at an article directory and give others permission to use it.
- Website owners go to the article directory, grab your article & publish it on their websites, blogs, or in their ezines.
- Every time they publish your article, they must include your author resource bio (similar to your advertisement) along with it.
Your article should contain valuable information, but not so much that people feel like they’ve gotten everything they can out of the topic. If you leave out some key information in end, they will be more inclined to visit your website to get that information and sign-up for your list.
Here’s the place to submit your articles, if you’re busy and only have time to submit to one directory: EzineArticles.com
If you’d also like to submit to other directories, there are a few services that will help you with this.
The one that I prefer is the credit system at Isnare.com.
Tip #55 — Encourage List Members to Send The Link to Their Friends
Usually your list members will have friends that have similar interests. So, why not encourage your readers to send the link to your opt-in form to their friends? You might give them some kind of incentive to do so, as this can dramatically increase the response.
This is another example of social proof at work. Because the recipient is getting a recommendation from their friend, you’ll be a lot more likely to get the sign up.
You can simply put some text in your messages that encourages them to pass your newsletter or opt-in address along. There are even website scripts out there, such as the “tell a friend” script that will allow them to easily enter their friend’s e-mail address on the spot.
Tip #56 — Search Engine Optimize Your Website
One of the best ways to get traffic is to search engine optimize your website. When people want to find something, they generally go to the search engines to find relevant websites. If your website is at the top of the search engines for certain keywords, you’ll be able to get a lot of targeted traffic and help your list grow in the process.
There are many different aspects to search engine optimization that you need to pay attention to. The first thing to do is research keywords that are related to your niche. It is ideal if these keywords are highly searched and have low competition in the search engine results.
Then, create content based around these keywords that will help you rank more highly in the search engines. You should also work on getting backlinks to your website, to boost your credibility in the eyes of the search engines. Backlinks are nothing more than getting OTHER websites to link to yours, preferably ones that are established, quality websites.
Tip #57 — Pay For PPC Traffic
While we all want to rank at the top of the search engines, it often takes a while.
But, there is a way that you can zoom your site to the top of the search engines in minutes. The trick is to invest money into Pay Per Click traffic. You simply bid on keywords, create a small ad, and send people to your squeeze page.
Your ad copy should be compelling, and give people a reason to visit. You might even spell out that you’re giving something away for free. Then, all people have to do is sign up for your list to get their free item. It is then up to your autoresponder messages to take over, build a relationship and help you make sales.
Of course, pay per click, like any advertising should be tested before spending too much money to ensure that you’re getting a good return.
Tip #58 — Create a Blog
Creating a blog can be another effective way to get search engine traffic.
That is because blogs contain RSS feeds that the search engines absolutely love. If you update your blog consistently, you’ll have a lot more content that can help you rank in the search engines.
People also love to follow blogs, and will bookmark your blog as well as subscribe to your RSS feed (if they like what you have to offer!). This gives them repeated exposure to you and to your expertise. Sooner or later, they will hopefully be compelled to sign up to your list. Your blog is yet another place to put your opt-in form.
Tip #59 — Consider Co-Registration
Co-registration is not for everyone, but in some niches it can work quite well. Basically, you find partners in your niche who will place your opt-in box on their think you page, and you will put their opt-in box on your thank you page.
This can work well since these are proven customers in the niche, but you do have to be careful. It has to be done in a way that is not tricky to anyone so that people know what they are really signing up for. You’ll gain a lot more trust if people realize that they are signing up for your list.
Tip #60 — Get JV Partners
Getting JV partners to promote your list gives you access to their list of subscribers. This strategy also helps you to come across as an expert since someone else is recommending you.
You can find JV partners on forums, by contacting them through their website, as well as a variety of other methods. It is often best to contact someone who has a product or website that complements rather than competes with yours. They’ll be a lot more likely to promote the product of a person who is not directly competing with them.
Keep in mind that you will often be asked to promote something for them in return, either now or in the future. Make sure you’re comfortable with everything they are doing before you agree to promote them back.
It becomes infinitely easier to attract JV’s once you have an affiliate program. Obviously, you’ll need your own product in order to do this, but once you do it’s easy to get JV partners. Basically what you get from this is traffic to your offers and opt-in box without doing additional work yourself.
As your affiliates drive traffic to your website, you can capture people’s addresses before and after the sale. You’ll not only make money by having the affiliates promote for you, you’ll gain long-term subscribers as well.
If you’ve already got an affiliate program but it’s not doing what it should – sign up for the free ecourse at Sales Army Secrets
Tip #61 — Exchange Newsletter “Plugs”
Another thing you can do with JV partners is agree to mention each other in your respective newsletters. This does not have to be a hard sell, rather a way to show that you recommend each other’s products.
If the people on the other person’s list know and trust that person and have a good relationship with them, they are likely to immediately trust you as well since you come so highly recommended.
If you have an affiliate program, offer a lopsided offer, which can really get people interested in a mail swap.
- Offer to send their offer to your list.
- Let them send your offer to their list THROUGH their affiliate link.
This accomplishes two things …
- It gets your foot in the door.
- Once the sales come in, that JV partner will likely want to continue to promote your product.
Tip #62 — Post a Link to Your Squeeze Page In Forums
Forum marketing is an excellent way to grow your list.
- Search for forums in your niche.
- Make sure the forum allows you to put a link in your signature.
- Join those that do.
After you join some forums, begin answering people’s questions and presenting yourself as the expert you are. People will be a lot more receptive to the things you have to say in this case. Your hope is that you become a very respected member so that you get a lot of clicks to your website and then a lot of sign-ups!
Tip #63 — Use Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is an excellent way to get traffic to your squeeze page and sign-ups to your list. There are many different social bookmarking websites out there, like Digg, Delicious, and Stumble Upon.
You’ll not only get a backlinks to your website by bookmarking, but you also get the benefit of people in your niche clicking through when they find your info.
Keep in mind that the traffic from these websites is not always super- targeted, but it is well worth it to sign up for accounts. Bookmarking doesn’t have to be a daily task. Simply bookmark your best content every once in a while. It can increase your opt-ins a variety of different ways.
Check them out:
Tip #64 — Comment on Blogs
Commenting on blogs is a strategy that is well worth your time. You’ll want to find a few of the top blogs in your niche and leave regular comments on them. You will get a backlink to your website, but just as importantly, you’ll get visitors when people click on your website link.
This is great because it can help you get the attention of an authority that is already in the niche (the blog owner), and you may gain some of their traffic, which is highly targeted.
Tip #65 — Use Yahoo Answers
Yahoo Answers is yet another way that you can get traffic to your website. People ask questions on this site on a variety of different topics – and you can provide answers. Yahoo Answers also tends to rank highly in search engines like Google, and people who need answers can search all the old topics as well as start new ones!
This is great for you when you leave an expert answer with a link to your website. Keep in mind that Yahoo Answers strives to keep the spam away, so make sure that the page you have linked to is actually helpful and relevant.
Tip #66 — Use Linkbait
Link bait works best if you have a blog and are in a niche that has a lot of other bloggers. Linkbait is simply a way of talking about something controversial or having a controversial opinion. When other bloggers and webmasters notice your post they may link to you because they want to share their opinion as well. You’ll likely get a lot of comments from readers agreeing and disagreeing with you.
Keep in mind that not everyone is going to like what you have to say, and you might get some flak. As long as you can back up what you’re saying, you’ll probably gain respect from both those who agree and those who disagree. At the same time, you may see an increase in your sign-ups!
Tip #67 — Write a Press Release
Press releases are a time-honored strategy of announcing new information to generate interest.
There’s nothing new about press releases and the internet. Here’s how it works.
- Do something eventful or plan something interesting.
- Write a press release about it.
- Submit your release to the press release sites like PRWeb.com, including a link to your website.
There are some free and inexpensive press release distribution websites. Just search Google.com and you’ll find them.
What you might want to do is announce the opening of your blog or website, or your new product, or anything else that people would find interesting.
Have your press release link to your website where your opt-in list is featured. Remember, you’ll get more opt-ins if you have some sort of incentive there — especially during the period where your press release is active. If you make your press release interesting enough it might get picked up by news channels.
Tip #68 — Send Articles to E-zine Publishers
There are many electronic magazines out there that have a very large subscriber base. Better yet, they are often looking for authors. You can use this to your advantage and send an article (after inquiring, of course). After your article is accepted, you will be able to include a link back to your website or squeeze page. If people find your article interesting and compelling, they are likely visit to sign up for your list!
Remember, you don’t have to stick to just one e-zine. The more you submit to over a period of time, the more likely you are to be seen by as many people in your niche as possible. Getting your name out there and branding yourself is half the battle.
If you’re looking for ezines that accept articles, you might check out the www.directoryofezines.com
Tip #69 — Submit Videos
Yet another great way to get traffic to your opt-in page and your website is to submit videos to sites like YouTube. There are many people who browse for videos on a variety of different topics. The description area of your video can contain a link back to your website. If your video is compelling enough, people will likely click over to visit.
One thing that many people forget to do is put a call to action at the end of the video. This is a great way to increase responses to get people to visit your website. You can even make it clear that there is something available for free if they do visit.
Tip #70 — Write Guest Posts
Writing guest posts on other people’s blogs or websites that are already established will showcase your own credibility. Browse around on Google for the top authority websites in your niche, and present an offer to the website owner to write an article for them.
Many blog owners would love the chance to take a break, and many readers enjoy reading guest posts. Make sure you provide high quality content, and you’ll get a lot more visitors to your own website with the link you’ll be allowed to put there. This will increase your exposure with people who are regular readers of the other website — your hope is that they want to bookmark your website as well and join your list.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Significance Of Link Building It is often worth noting that for a website to obtain popularity, it has to rank high in the major search engines for a targeted keyword, just like, link building service. And thankfully, there are lots of methods to achieve this. But the most popular technique is to create......
- Link Building After the Nofollow Tag With all of the SEO companies popping up everywhere how do you know your SEO efforts are going to pay off? I spend a significant amount of time reviewing SEO offerings from other companies and find that the range in quality of SEO can vary greatly. While doing proper......
- Astonishing Tricks Of A Small Recognised Targeted Visitors Generation Grasp Traffic Bandits ReviewSo, you have create your foremost site while in the hope which you could appeal to far more visitors in your home business. You have worked some months setting up, creating, developing and having to pay to get a wonderful world-wide-web host. All that stays to become accomplished......
- Online Marketing - General Facts To Keep In Mind Actually, Internet is the greatest and the most powerful thing that ever could happen to the network marketing and to the marketing in general. However, the point is that too small number of marketers does realize and take it right how to market in the online regiment and how to......
- Rapid Techniques To Produce A Lot More Traffic There are many websites within the net. Level of competition is tough also it can be rather challenging to drive traffic to your internet site. Increasing visitor count is crucial for a e-business strategy. To survive, you should generate more visitors and interest to your website. Listed here are three......
Tip #19 — Decide When To Make Your First Sales Pitch
Some marketers are focused on making the sale right away. However, you may want to consider holding off until you are at least a few messages into email sequence.
Now, this rule doesn’t apply if people sign up to get a coupon or special product offer. Then they would expect that they are going to be sold to right away.
An example of this type of notification list would be PRLSO CLUB
It’s an excellent case study of how Jimmy D. Brown uses a notification style list and sells to them from the get-go.
In fact, people sign up just to receive these special offers. If you want to create a list of “buyers” you may wish to sign up for his list – even if it’s just to analyze his methods.
However if your list members signed up to get some valuable information, they may not take too kindly to getting pitched to right away. This is something you may want to test, but you need to think about the relationship first and the money later in most cases.
Tip #20 — Split Test For The Perfect Balance
As your list grows, you will want to split test your messages. You might find that the way you set things up in the beginning was not the optimal way. We all want to improve our results and split testing makes that achievable. By tweaking a few things here and there you can increase your open rate and the desired responses your list makes.
If you have a good autoresponder company, the chances are good that they will provide you with the information and tools you need to split test.
Companies like Aweber will automatically send half of your list one message and the other half a different message. They will then track the results so you can compare them and make changes.
Tip #21 — Consider The 3-to-1 Formula
A popular formula that some of the top marketers use is sending 3 relationship building e-mails to every 1 sales e-mail. This is especially important in the beginning stages, and will set the tone for later e-mails.
What you might want to do is have the first e-mail be entirely focused on offering quality information and building a relationship, the second e-mail making a very soft pitch, the third e-mail selling a little harder, and finally the fourth e-mail blatantly promoting a product.
If it makes you feel more comfortable having a system to work with, then this is a sequence that you may wish to follow.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Tips To Build An E-Mail List If you really want to make money online, you don't want to only have one source of income, but as many as possible. While you can make money from your website, either by selling ads or your own products, you shouldn't ignore e-mail marketing either. If you want to make......
- 5 Easy Steps for Growing Traffic to Your Corporate Blog Growing traffic to your corporate blog is not a difficult process if you know what to do. If you have a corporate blog and you need to grow your traffic base, here are some simple steps that will help you create a more effective overall corporate blog. 1 - Know......
- What are Backlinks And just how Do You Build Web page Backlinks Welcome towards the weird and wonderful world of backlinks. If you are just starting out having a new site or online advertising marketing campaign the information and facts here will provide you with a better idea of where to begin constructing links for your website. After some ages of making......
- e-Mail Marketing For Dummies E-Mail Marketing For Dummies (2nd Edition) by author, John Arnold E-Mail Marketing For Dummies (2nd Edition) - Updated to reflect the hottest new trends, technologies, and strategies! Much has happened in e–mail marketing since the first edition of this book appeared in 2007. With the dramatic rise of social media......
- Creating Value in Your Marketing Just recently I witnessed Frank Kern launch hi Core Influence Campaign, Which lead nicely into his List Control Product which if I remember correctly was like $2997, I think he sold over 1000 copies in one day.. I could be wrong but I think it's somewhere around there.Â Much of......
Having a series of money-making autoresponder messages is a very important part of the process, obviously. If your autoresponder copy is dull and ineffective, it doesn’t matter how big your list is because you’re not going to make any sales. That’s why it’s very important that you understand how to write good copy before you get started.
After you sign up for your autoresponder account, you will want to load it with messages that will gain people’s trust and help you make sales.
Tip #16 Understand The Difference Between Follow-Up and Broadcast Messages
If you are completely new to list building, you may not know the difference between a follow-up message and a broadcast message.
Your follow-up messages are what the members of your list receive no matter when they sign up. These will usually be in a sequence that is delivered at a predetermined rate. So, if Sally signs up on Tuesday she will receive follow-up message #1 on Tuesday. If Tom signs up on Friday, he will receive follow-up message #1 on Friday.
That means that your autoresponder sequences are your little relationship builders and salespeople 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
These types of messages are sent out to your entire list so that they receive them at the same time (also referred to as an “email blast”). This is a good option if you have something to share that is not a normal part of the sequence. It might be a special announcement or a time-sensitive or limited-time-offer special deal.
Use both types of messages in your business for best results.
Tip #17 — Think About How Often You Should Send Messages
At first, you might be nervous about mailing to your list because you’re not sure how many messages you should send and how often. Unfortunately, there is not one correct answer to this question. The answer depends on your niche, the relationship you have with your members, and what kind of information you share.
If your messages offer a lot of value, people will probably want to receive them more often. If your list messages are more focused on making sales, people may expect them (and want them) less often.
Still, the balance is individual, so you should test what is best for you. A good autoresponder will show you the number of people who click on your message when you send it. If the number stays high with more frequent messages, your unsubscribe rate doesn’t increase, and sales tend to remain high, then your list may want to be contacted more frequently.
What some marketers suggest is having one autoresponder message scheduled per week, with perhaps a broadcast message in between if you need to have a special mailing. Yes, at times the messages might land on the same day to certain readers, but that’s no reason to avoid sending broadcast mailings to your follow-up message recipients.
Tip #18 — Carefully Craft Your First Message
First impressions count. That’s why you need to carefully write your first autoresponder message. It is the first impression your list members will have of you. Even if they really liked what your website had to say, they will unsubscribe very quickly if they don’t think your list will offer them a lot of value.
Your first message should almost never contain a sales pitch. This is your chance to prove that they will want to remain on your list. You want to be warm, open, and friendly. You should also consider offering a special bonus or surprise for free.
This will immediately help set a positive association with your messages. This can increase the open rates on your e-mails, put your relationship on the right path, and help you make more sales later on.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Effective Email Marketing Tips To Market Your Business Electronic mail marketing, which is recognized as email marketing, is one of the most popular marketing tools in advertising home business or website or blogs. Nevertheless, the majority of internet users and prospective clients dislike getting mails that are delivered to their email boxes as spam mail. As a result,......
- Membership Site Sales Growth Guidelines For The Frustrated Marketer It is more than possible to start a membership site and figure out how to boost sales along the way. One of the dangers for this type of site is when retention rates fall and new sales are not happening. Well, we have a few solutions for that situation, so......
- Looking for a Specific Coin for Sale One of the reasons as to why some people are so attracted to coin collecting is because it can be a challenge. There are some coins which can be hard to find that cannot only make a great investment into ones collection, but they can provide one with a sense......
- Spread your Company's Marketing Message through Corporate Blogging Creating a marketing message is a lot like building a house of cards: The building process can take a long, painstaking amount of time, however it can take mere moments to send everything tumbling. Sometimes all it takes is a single piece of thoughtless communication to completely contradict your......
- Restaurant Solutions: Making Your Online Presence Known In today’s market every business needs to have an online presence. The Internet is the great leveler of players in a world market where anything can be bought or sold at competitive prices. The Internet has been an incredible tool for small businesses, especially because it allows smaller retailers and......
Tip #13 — Sign Up With A Good Autoresponder Company
Having a good autoresponder company is absolutely essential to online business success. An autoresponder allows you to store your e-mail leads, gives you your opt-in form code, sends your autoresponder messages, and tracks how many of your readers opened and read the emails. It is an essential business tool, and, yes, all of the gurus use autoresponders.
Just like your hosting company needs to be reliable, so does your autoresponder company. The good news is that it isn’t expensive to get an account.
I use and recommend Aweber.
I do NOT recommend hosting your own autoresponder on your server. The SPAM laws make it very easy for your IP to get blacklisted as a spammer – which means that your leads and customers will not receive your emails. Professional services like Aweber, on the other hand, work tirelessly around the clock to stay on top of all industry updates and ensure a high level of email deliverability.
Tip #14 — Always Get Permission
This tip goes along with the one above dealing with spam. As an e-mail marketer you need to make sure that you have permission to send people e-mails. This means that they must opt-in to your list rather than you e-mailing them out of the blue.
You have two options for creating an autoresponder list:
- Single Opt-in: Your reader signs up on your website and is automatically added to your list.
- Double Opt-in: Your reader signs up on your website and is sent a confirmation email that contains a link that must be clicked before adding him/her to your mailing list.
Many marketers choose a double opt-in. Why?
The second step reminds people that they have, in fact, signed up to receive messages from you. This can cut down on many of the complaints that might otherwise occur. It also prevents spammers from submitting fake emails to your autoresponder and clogging up your account.
Tip #15 Make List Building A Priority
Building your list should not be an afterthought. If it is, it’s never going to be as large or responsive as you want it to be. Building your list needs to be at at the top of your mind as you build or expand your business. Making it a priority means studying the tips defined in this document, as well as tweaking and testing your own findings.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- 5 Tips on Buying Employee Liability Insurance This post was written by USwitch. Occasionally when carrying out work with the public, incidents can occur which make your business liable to pay for any damages. This makes it important to find suitable public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance which covers any of your employee's mistakes. Accidents......
- Internet Network Marketing - Don't Be Broke And Stupid // Its not that hard to find success in internet network marketing if you duplicate what other successful marketers online are doing. But first we need to discuss what will cause you to fail. If your goal is to make money using your computer and the internet than increase......
- Publicizing your Corporate Blog If you plan on writing a blog and using it for any purpose other than your own, then you absolutely need to be willing to find ways to effectively publicize it. Some people will tell you that all you need to do is write in your blog and then the......
- Small Business Marketing: Email Marketing or Illegal Spam? Small Business Marketing: Are You Email Marketing or Illegally Spamming? Have you ever had an email from someone who has clearly sent it to numerous people in their address book? The type of email I’m talking about are the ones where the ‘To’ box contains a list of email......
Before We Get Started…Quick, without thinking about it,
what’s your number one list building strategy?
Nothing … say that out loud with me. If “nothings” your answer, then it’s time to look at it from another perspective. “Nothing” … will grow your traffic or your list faster than an effective affiliate program. Nothing.
You are only one person who can only do so much on your own. You only have 24 hours each day to get things done.
But, what if you could tap into the profit pulling power of hundreds, even thousands of other people? What if there was an entire sales army marching across the web, all promoting your product for you and helping you to build your lists of leads and customers?
You’d like that, wouldn’t you?
Ask ANY successful internet marketer on the planet what their #1 source of traffic is and, if they are honest, I’ll assure you that they’ll tell you it’s their affiliate program.
Seriously, find your favorite “guru” and ask them. Ask them if there is ANYTHING that comes close to their affiliate team.
Ask Jimmy D. Brown. Ask John Reese. Ask Mike Filsaime. Ask Frank Kern. Ask Ken Evoy. Ask Marlon Sanders. Ask Russell Brunson. Ask Derek Gehl. Ask Yanik Silver.
Ask ANYONE – don’t take my word for it.
None of these guys would be where they are today without their affiliate program. None of them.
Now, you can find out the secret to their success and duplicate it.
Whenever you speak with another Internet Marketer you’re probably likely to hear the following questions come up at some point:
Do you have a list?
How big is your list?
If your answer to these questions was “no” and “zero,” then the information in this blog post is definitely a place to start. On the other hand, if you do have an established list, there’s always room for improvement. I recommend that you make it a priority to continue to learn strategies for increasing your list size and also increasing the amount of income generated from it.
Having a list can literally be your ticket to earning the kind of income you dream of earning. Many marketers focus on getting to the top of the search engines to build their businesses, but having a list can literally “Google-proof” your income. If, heaven-forbid, you get dropped from the search engines tomorrow, there’s no need to close up shop – if you have a list.
It doesn’t matter whether your business is online or off; having your own list of customers or prospective customers means that you can get them to visit your website, blog, or store on command. This ability to summon traffic on command can keep your income steady through good times with Google and the not-so-good times.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be providing you with 101 List-Building tips. The tips are grouped by section. They are organized so that you can easily move through the different sections and apply the tips for list building, promotion, autoresponder copy, and making sales. I recommend that you read through all the tips, noting the tips that resonate with you. Then, go back through those tips and implement them into your business.
The important thing is that you don’t just read these tips — you have to put them into action. Whether you’re just starting with list-building or are an old pro, work through this document, applying the tips one tip per day or one section per day, and you’ll soon understand why the fortune is in the list.
Why Build A List?
Before you start building your list, it’s important to understand why you need one. Sure, you hear everyone saying that building a list is the “thing” to do, but if you don’t understand the reasons, you won’t be as motivated to do so.
Tip #1 — Build Your Own Business
While there is a lot to be said for getting to the top of the search engines and advertising to promote your business, there’s nothing like having your own list. A list is something that you control at all times. You control its size, your relationship with members, and even how much money you make.
By having a list, you are building your business on solid ground.
That’s not to say that search engine traffic isn’t wonderful and you should quit advertising. However, developing a list of leads or customers can be worth much more to you in the long run when combined with both of those methods of traffic.
Tip #2 — Understand That People Are More Likely To Buy From Those They Trust
You’ve probably noticed that it can be difficult to get new customers to buy from you. Some people simply will not buy from those they’ve never heard of and don’t have a relationship with. You will usually have to “presell” to them before they will make a purchase. This is especially true since identity theft and fraud have become more prevalent.
The good news is that people will join your list because they view it as a lower risk than making a purchase. All they need to do is hand over their e-mail address and they are “in.” This gives you the opportunity to gain their trust and build a relationship that can lead to repeat sales down the road.
That’s it for today! Stay tuned for more List Building Tips!
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Sunday Roundup: Corporate Blogging, Web Traffic and SEO Tips Welcome to another edition of Buildify's roundup. We have more for you on best blogging practices, blogging tips, corporate blogging, gaining reader traffic and more. We hope you enjoy this little guide into a corner of the blogosphere. Tell us what you think or would like to see by leaving......
- Internet Marketing Basics That Must Be Mastered If increasing SEO Secrets Tips is something that appeals to you in your net business, then be very sure you get all the details about it prior to a full campaign. Here is a great example of what we mean, you undoubtedly need to have solid information on your niche......
- Discover The Ways That Google Analytics Can Help Your Internet Business Google Analytics remains a significantly efficient and no cost method that you are able to employ to locate critical data on your website visitors, each little detail which influences your total growth, and in what ways they interface with your site. Should you be entertaining the thought of utilizing a......
- 5 Tips To Drive Your Online Business To Next level At any point of time you are in a position to drive your online business to the next level. Of course that needs to tweak the existing approaches and steps, in order to take the business in the right direction. Here are the tips that really helps you to......
- 11 Tips to Get More Traffic to Your Corporate Blog Now that you have your blog set up, and you're beginning to post your useful and relevant content, you may be wondering why you are not driving incredible amounts of traffic to your site. You are already publishing, and days are going by, so why is no one stopping to......
This Magical Marketing blog that you are reading today is a direct result of my participation in Jimmy D. Brown’s Affiliatenaire program. Read Jimmy’s guest editorial to learn how this great product will work for you!
How to Make a Fortune Promoting Other People’s Products
By Jimmy D. Brown of “Affiliatenaire”
There must be a reason why some affiliates succeed and some fail, a reason why some affiliates profit moderately and some affiliates profit substantially.
There must be a reason.
And that reason is this: “super” affiliates start, sustain and strengthen relationships with subscribers.
It begins and ends with a list. Even a small one can be a powerful, profitable mechanism if you follow these 7 guidelines…
1. CAPTURE THE OPTIN FIRST.
Instead of sending traffic directly to your affiliate link, send them to YOUR site where you offer some kind of list for them to join. (Hint: Mini-course works best) Once you have them on a list, they become an asset. If you send them directly to an affiliate page and they don’t buy, they’re gone forever.
On your list, you can follow-up with them indefinitely.
Note: You can even redirect them to your affiliate link AFTER they join your list, effectively getting them where you wanted them to go in the first place.
2. DIFFERENTIATE THE OFFER.
Instead of sending out the same, tired, lame advertisement that every other affiliate in the world sends out, write your own. Trust me when I say that many people find it OFFENSIVE when they receive two dozens duplicate emails from two dozen list owners all promoting the exact same thing in the exact same way.
And even if they don’t find it offensive, it’s not as effective if you simply rinse and repeat what everyone else is doing. Hint: Here’s how you differentiate…
3. SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.
Nothing – nothing – nothing speaks louder than RESULTS. If you want to lose a few pounds, who do you turn to? Someone who is still struggling with their own weight or someone you’ve seen drop 35 pounds? Exactly.
The way you make your mailings / ads different is you speak from your own personal experience. This product or service that you are promoting as an affiliate, how has it been useful to you personally? What results have you personally achieved? When you used it, what happened?
Note: If you haven’t personally used the product, then shame on you for trying to make a quick buck from it hocking it to others!
4. OFFER A COMPELLING INCENTIVE.
Another way to be different – and to dramatically increase your chances of getting a sale as an affiliate – is to offer some kind of compelling incentive if someone buys the offer through YOUR referral link. Whether it’s a special report or access to an audio recording, personalized consultation or advertising, a private training call or existing products and services, this
can be a highly effective method of converting fence-setters into paying customers.
In order for it to work well, it must be UNIQUE (I.E. You’re the only one making the offer) and USEFUL (I.E. Something of great perceived value to the reader).
Note: Don’t have anything to offer? Don’t worry! There are many ways to easily obtain extra incentives: conduct an interview, hire a ghostwriter to create articles / reports for you, buy reprint rights to other products, assemble a bunch of free articles and other resources into a private access site, etc.
5. LOOK FOR RESIDUAL OPPORTUNITIES.
Rather than exhaust your efforts on purchases that give you a one-time commission, why not make the most of your marketing by looking firstly for offers that pay out ONGOING monthly commissions for your referred sales? There are many different residual income generating services such as membership sites (ranging from PT Cruisers to weight loss), stock photos and clipart, hosting, autoresponders, databases (from hiking trails to sermon outlines) online magazines and a variety of other subscription based opportunities that reward you with monthly recurring commissions.
While you definitely want a mix of types of affiliate programs to promote, your priority should be in identifying and promoting those services and programs that will pay you month after month, instead of only one time.
6. BUILD A SALES ARMY.
One of the biggest untapped sources of income in any list is that of “turning subscribers into partners”. In other words, find those on your list who are interested in making money and provide them with training and materials to promote affiliate programs as well.
This has a two-fold advantage for YOU:
* First, if you find 2-tier affiliate programs, you can get your subscribers to join the program through your referral. Anytime they get a sale, you’ll earn a commission as well. You effectively get free commissions from their effort.
* Secondly, you can use their efforts to build your own assets. For example: If you provide them with a 10-page report to give away to promote their affiliate link, you can include a page in the report promoting YOUR list! You effectively get free subscribers from their effort.
7. MONETIZE FOR MULTIPLE STREAMS.
As your own list continues to grow, you certainly want to diversify in your offerings. (Not to the point of bombarding your list with offers every day of course!)
* Promote other affiliate programs.
* Create your own products. (Even short $10 reports will earn profit!)
* Establish joint ventures.
* Co-author products.
* Cross promote.
* Conduct surveys.
There are MANY ways to make money from you list and keep your list growing, growing, growing!
Remember, it all comes down to: starting, sustaining and strengthening relationships with subscribers.
And that’s how you make a fortune as an affiliate promoting other people’s products.
Jimmy D. Brown is the author of “Affiliatenaire”, teaching you how to create big-time affiliate commission checks in only 1-3 hours each week. Discover how you can get cash in the bank without a website, experience or even an idea! Visit http://www.magicalmarketingllc.com/affiliatenaire.htm
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Tips For Making Your Pre-Selling More Successful Affiliate marketing is a thriving business on the Internet, which makes it highly profitable, but at the same time it makes it competitive too. There are a lot of affiliate marketers who go out and promote their products directly and then sit back and wonder why their profit margins and......
- How To Make Pre-Selling Work For You Affiliate marketing is one of the most profitable business models online and it is incredibly competitive as well. There are lots of affiliate marketers who just promote their products and wonder why their sales aren't higher. There is a simple reason for this; they don't do very well at pre-selling......
- Promoting Clickbank Products Can Be Difficult. Using PLR Articles To Your Advantage. Making the decision to promote Clickbank products is possibly the best decision you will ever make. The creators of the products have wide spread knowledge of their market, but simply don't have the skills to sell them to the public. This is where we, the affiliate marketers, offer our expertise.......
- Pez Candy Dispenser Collection Guides Here we have the main guides to PEZ dispensers. Having some history and some references on hand is definitely a good idea when shopping online for PEZ related goods. Or perhaps you have already got a sizeable PEX dispenser collection and now you are trying to figure out what all......
- An Internet Business -- Affiliate Marketing Programs Make It Easier Should you ever experienced the need to start your own Money with Internet Marketing business at home, you may have by no means noticed the term "affiliate programs" prior to. Should you do run into this particular word before, you may also have found the affiliate marketing program evaluation......