Today, I’d like to share with you a business idea that is oftentimes overlooked by online marketers. We all know about writing and selling ebooks. Perhaps you don’t know HOW to do it, but we know that it’s a great business model.
But, ebooks can be a pain to write. I mean, really, who has time to write 50 to 100 pages before making a cent? I’d like to share with you a business model that’s not only profitable but a lot less work.
As many of you know, I’m a big fan of Jimmy D. Brown. He is able to consistently take big ideas and break them down into manageable steps so that almost anyone can make them work.
I’d like to share with you an excerpt from Jimmy’s actual paid course that he teaches on how to profit from producing small reports.
After you read this excerpt, be sure to grab the FREE report “5 STEPS TO A BIG-PROFIT, S.M.A.L.L.TM REPORT BUSINESS: How To Turn 7-15 Page Small Reports Into A Six-Figure Information Empire” by going here:
http://www.magicalmarketingllc.com/5steps_big_profit.pdf. But, first — I’ll share the first few pages of the actual paid course.
How To Make A Small Fortune Online With Small Reports
Hello, this is Jimmy D. Brown. Welcome to Small Reports FortuneTM where I’m going to teach you “How To Make A Small Fortune Online With Small Reports”.
We’ll talk at length about how to do this, but I want to kind of encapsulate everything into one opening statement as we begin our presentation -
The ultimate information business is finding a target audience and then convincing them to make repeated purchases from you.
An age-old marketing law is this: “it’s much easier to sell MORE to existing customers than it is to find new customers to sell to”. Your information business stands to gain serious momentum when you offer multiple, related offers to your customer base.
Instead of selling a customer a $20 ebook and then looking for the next customer, you’ll want to setup a system to offer her a $20 ebook, then a $40 product, then a $497 product and finally a $1997 offer. (These are just “generalities”, of course)
And it’s all going to build upon this foundation of creating short, 7-15 page reports.
The important thing is to get your existing customers to spend MORE money with you. Learn this: the more money each customer spends with you, the less customers you’ll need to reach $100K per year.
The idea is simple: get your target audience (subscribers + customers) to repeatedly spend money with you.
Once you have worked to secure a customer or subscriber, why not allow them to spend as much money with you as they are willing?
I’m not suggesting that you exploit your relationship with others and coerce them into purchasing sub-par products or things they don’t really have a need to buy. I’m talking about making products and services available that provide genuine usefulness to those who are in a position to buy.
There’s a big, big difference between these two statements:
“This product is going to change your business forever … it’s the best product I’ve seen in months … if you don’t buy this today, then you’re absolutely nuts … it’s what I consider to be a ‘must-have’ for anyone who’s serious!”
“If you’re ready to XYZ, then I’ve found this product to be very beneficial in my own business. I use it myself and here are the results that I’ve achieved. I highly recommend it and will even give you a free copy of XYZ if you are one of the first 50 who buy it.”
Both are attempting to get the sale. But one is full of hype and the other is reasonable.
Back to my point. You need to get your target audience to buy from you. And buy again. And again. And again.
Despite popular belief, you can do this without being a money-hungry, conscious-less, in-your-face, psychological mind-games coercer. (That’s a mouthful, huh?!)
So, that’s the backdrop of the Small Reports FortuneTM course. I’m going to teach you how to -
CHOOSE a market, CREATE small reports to sell to them and CASH-IN on your own money-making information business.
What I want to teach you to do in this series is to create small, 7-15 page reports that you sell to your list members in the $10-$20 range…and how to spiral them into premium-priced offers down the road.
You can make a “small fortune” with “small reports” – and I’m going to show you how to do it.
Here’s what it looks like 12 months from now:
You have 12 reports available for $10 each. (One per month) Customers buy the first one and, in time, buy most of the others. (Multiple customer purchases)
You put together package deals of 12 reports for $97. (Larger chunks of cash per transaction)
You launch an affiliate program for the $97 package and sell large quantities of the bundle. (Affiliates love ~$50 commission per order!)
You use your reports to launch “high ticket” offers that sell for $1,000 or more. (Skyrocket your profit!)
You make a “small fortune” with “small reports” (Yes, YOU!)
And it all begins right here.
SMALL Reports FortuneTM is one of the courses that I’ve taken and I highly recommend it.
On a scale of one to five — it’s an 11.
The great thing is that you can get more of a peek into this course by grabbing the FREE report “STEPS TO A BIG-PROFIT, S.M.A.L.L.TM REPORT BUSINESS: How To Turn 7-15 Page Small Reports Into A Six-Figure Information Empire” by clicking below or by going to our Free Reports section and downloading it there.
There’s no excuse not to. The information that Jimmy D. Brown gives away for free is, without a doubt, better than most courses that I’ve paid for. Seriously.
Again, check it out here: http://www.magicalmarketingllc.com/5steps_big_profit.pdf
Thanks and good luck!
Magical Marketing, LLC
- The Very Best Way To Make Money Online With Informational Products I am positive that if you are visiting this page, you will be interested in prose theme review. There is a lot involved with selling info products online, and perhaps the two most important points is to learn about how to do it plus take action on it. What we......
- Atomic Blogging 3.0 Review Hi it's me here once more, this time with a short look at Atomic Blogging. In this report I will respond to those burning questions for anybody interested in this product. Note that a bonus offer is in addition available for the comparable product Paid Surveys Online, and you really......
- Save Big With Cascade Coupons Cascade Coupon In today’s economy, every penny counts. With rising gas prices, increasing costs of food and higher unemployment rate, you need to be extra careful on where your money goes. So why spend more then absolutely necessary on consumable products such as dish detergent? With valuable Cascade coupons, you......
- Should You Sell Your Retirement Investments and Move to Something Safer? The recession of 2008 is unlikely anything we've seen in close to thirty years. There's been over a 30% drop in the stock market in the last year, the national debt is reaching new record highs, and the federal government is acting in new and innovative ways to combat the......
- A Simple Solution - How To Make Money Online For many people trying to make money online is a mystery The allure of online marketing can be intoxicating after all who doesn't want to make money online from their home computer.Â 98% of the people who are trying to make money online are affiliate marketing newbies.Â The first thing......
Many beginning marketers start their online career with affiliate marketing. This is a great way to begin establishing a base line income. Many marketers, however, do not know what to do to generate income once they have signed up as an affiliate to promote a particular product. In order to earn more commissions each month, then there are four things you need to do:
- Strategy #1 – Generate more traffic. The first thing you can do in order to increase the size of your commission checks is to actually get MORE people to click on your affiliate link and arrive at your affiliate site. Certainly this is doable. You simply do more marketing. You spend more money on advertising, write more ezine articles, publish more newsletters, create more viral eBooks, etc. You do whatever it takes to get more visitors to your affiliate page.
- Strategy #2 – Increase conversion rates. While this one has a great deal to do with the affiliate program itself – i.e., How good their sales letter is, their follow-up system, freebies, etc, there are some things that YOU can do to increase the number of visitors who actually buy. Chief among them is to offer an incentive to those who buy through your affiliate link.
- Strategy #3 – Earn more profit per sale. This one is typically out of your control. What it would involve is either (a) Raising the price of the product or service you are promoting, or (b) Raising your commission per sale. Both of these are generally up
to affiliate program managers, or the owner of the products and services you are promoting. If you find that you are producing quite a few sales, or have a lot to bring to the table as an affiliate, you may want to approach the affiliate program owner and ask for a HIGHER commission per sale
- Strategy #4 – Sell more to each customer. The idea is to get the same customer to consume more products or services, thus earning you more commissions. It is MUCH easier to sell MORE to existing customers than it is to find new customers. Learn that now. Existing customers are AVAILABLE and they are WARM as they have already made a purchase. New customers are OUT THERE SOMEWHERE but you have got to find them and they are COLD because you have got to convince them to buy. Which do you think will be easier to do business with? Your current customers, of course!
Obviously, the MORE of these strategies that you apply the greater the size of your commission checks each month. Certainly THREE of the FOUR strategies are under your control. The key is strategy #4, simply because it MAXIMIZES all of the others. It takes WHATEVER amount of visitors you generate and WHATEVER number of those folks who become customers and WHATEVER your profit per sale and it MULTIPLIES it over and over and over again.
The Real Affiliate Secret
One of the best ways to make Strategy # 4 work for you is to focus on promoting affiliate programs that bill monthly and pay commissions monthly. That way, you continue to earn profits from the same customer base. This produces residual income.
Residual income is any income that is derived from existing customers making additional purchases every month. For example: If a customer orders a web hosting package through your affiliate link, they pay a MONTHLY fee for that hosting service, and you earn a MONTHLY commission for your referral as long as the customer’s account remains active.
With REGULAR sales, the customer needs to click in order for you to generate profits. With “RESIDUAL” sales, the customer needs to click in order to cancel their subscription and to STOP you from generating income. Big difference! Not only should you promote membership sites as an affiliate, but you should consider starting your own site as well.
By implementing the four strategies discussed above and by creating residual income through the promotion of membership sites, your affiliate income will continue to grow.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Network Marketing MLM Home Business Basics The network marketing MLM home business is just one of the many businesses you can begin and run out of the comfort of your own home. Network marketing, otherwise known as MLM or multi-level marketing first emerged in the 1940's when a few companies became aware that their sales representatives......
- Why Big Companies Are Blogging? There are still some old school business people out there that consider the whole idea of blogging for their business rather ridiculous. Unfortunately for these people, they will never understand that the world is changing and blogging is a whole lot more than just a bunch of people in their......
- An Honest Review Of WorldVentures First and foremost, I would like to say that I am not affiliated with WorldVentures at all. I have knowledge of the WorldVentures business opportunity and I also know a few people involved with WorldVentures. I am just distributing my information from WorldVentures with everybody. You can feel good in......
- Affiliate Marketing for Home Internet Business - How To Get Started. Useful Facts to Take Into Consideration Affiliate marketing is one of the most widespread ways for home business owners to promote their companies. But at the same time, affiliate marketing is a great method for anybody to start a home based business. So as you can see, affiliate marketing works from both sides of the business......
- How To Hedge Your Bets: 10 Ways To Diversify Your Income Jonathan Leane is today's guest blogger here at Rich Credit Debt Loan. Jonathan writes for Debt Loans. Why Diversify Your Income? Most people are familiar with the idea of diversification—it is common knowledge to not “put all your eggs in one basket”. However, this advice is most commonly applied to......
It’s important to set up your list right from the start.
Since you want the best possible relationship with your list members, let’s focus on planning ahead and using the right tools so that your efforts will be rewarded.
Tip #11 — Choose A Good Domain Name
Choosing a domain name might seem way too basic for a guide on list building. However, if you don’t have a trustworthy domain name it can affect your list building abilities in a negative way.
Your domain is important because you’re going to place your list’s opt-in form in several different places. Having a good domain will ensure that people visit your site in the first place, and see your opt-in form.
Some tips. Choose a domain that…
1. Ends with .com or .org (not .biz or .info)
2. Has no numbers, if possible.
3. Is easy to spell.
4. Is short.
5. Is not hyphenated.
You can purchase domain names at www.GoDaddy.com
Tip #12 — Get Reliable Hosting
Another important piece of the puzzle is having reliable hosting. If you are using a free service provider or one that is not reliable, your website will look unprofessional (if it’s even up and working).
In fact, the free service providers often have their own advertisements in place on YOUR website (which are distracting), or just do not look professional.
If your host is too cheap and not reliable, your website might not even be there for people when they want to sign up. Having reliable hosting is a very important first step if you want to build a massive list.
If you need reliable web hosting, you might check out www.HostGator.com or www.ReliableWebs.com At ReliableWebs.com they’ll install your blog for you, so you can get started right away.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Real-estate Hosting - Don't Overpay! Recently, I d been using WordTracker.com to see which "real estate property website" phrases get searched quite often through Google, Yahoo and similar major search engines. It surprised me that the phrase "property web hosting" and also the longer "real-estate internet page hosting" were two of the most commonly searched......
- How to Host Multiple Domains in One Web Host Image via Wikipedia So you want to create multiple websites, you have one shared web hosting plan and dozens of domains? In other words, how do you host multiple domains in one web host? Normally, what people do is they buy one web host for each domain which is clearly......
- Make Blogging Work for Your Business pt 1 Are you ready to make blogging work for your business? If you already know the benefits associated with corporate blogging, then the next step is to put these concepts to work by creating your own corporate blog and sharing your company with the world. This is part 1 in a......
- Start Blogging #1 [ad#adstext1] I can show you how to make money online!!! Before we can get started , YOU have to be online! Today I will show you how to build your first blog, which is surprisingly easy! Make sure you take action as you read through my post or you will......
- Your List Building Project – Simple Mistakes That Can Destroy It For those of you who know a lot about marketing online, you are probably familiar with the saying “lists will get you cash”. Leading online marketers are always teaching their students that creating focused email lists of potential members is essential. And the fact is, yes this is the holy......
There are some common errors that people who are new to list building tend to make. In fact, some of these are mistakes that experienced marketers make time and time again. Correcting these mistakes can mean the difference between having a solid, unbreakable relationship with your list and having a list full of people who simply delete your e-mails and unsubscribe.
Pay close attention to these do’s and don’ts to ensure your list is a success.
Tip #6 — Don’t Buy Leads
If you’re just getting started online, buying leads can be very tempting. Don’t get lured, though, into the seemingly easy strategy of buying leads. While this can work to a certain point, it is not going to give you the responsive list that you want.
When you buy leads, the people who you get on your list have likely never heard of you and most of them probably don’t want to hear from you.
On the other hand, when you build your own list from scratch, you’re talking to people who are warmed up to you already and who are a lot more likely to buy.
Buying leads, for the most part, is a waste of money.
Tip #7 — Don’t Spam People!
It can seem awfully enticing that all you need to to make money is send an e-mail. This leads certain people to the dark side. Of course I’m talking about spamming. Even if their intentions started off good, spamming is highly tempting, and the laws can be confusing.
Spam is when you send unsolicited e-mails to people, and is actually against the law to do. The spam law states that you must make sure that you make it easy for people to unsubscribe from your list (a link at the bottom of the message is best) and that they have subscribed in the first place. You are also required by law to include your postal address with all messages that you send.
You can read the law here:
Building a relationship may take longer than spamming, but the profits will be far greater in the long run.
Tip #8 — Don’t Put Off Building a List
Many people think that they can put off building a list until they are more “established” or until [enter your excuse reason here]. This is a mistake. Even if your traffic is low and you’re brand new to online business, you need to build those relationships from the very start.
If you ask established Internet entrepreneurs what their biggest regret is, many of them will tell you their regret is that they did not build a list sooner. It doesn’t matter what your online business is – selling ebooks, offering a service, affiliate marketing, creating adsense sites, ecommerce, blogging, or direct selling – you need to build a list.
Tip #9 — Build a Relationship First, Think Of Money Later
We’ll dig into this tip in a lot more detail later on, but it’s important to understand it right now as well. You need to focus on the relationship building part of your list first, and think about the monetary aspect later.
Sure, you want to make money, but if all you do is hit up your list for money, you’re going to get a lot of unsubscribes and make some people angry. The chances are good that they signed up for your list in order to get something out of it. Whether it was an e-course, a free e-book, information, coupons, notices, an audio, or something else, they expect to receive a lot of value for being a part of your e-mail list.
If you’d like some free brandable items that you can give away, check out www.BrandableStuff.com/tools – you can enter your affiliate link into these items and make money from the sales that result.
If you provide this relationship first, the money will come.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- 20 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Choosing an Online Discount Broker This weekend, I had a long conversation with someone who had -- like many -- never opened a brokerage account with an online discount broker. Her trading needs were quite simple, and in the end, we decided the best thing for her to do is open an account with......
- 7 Tips for Marital Money Bliss Most marriages and relationships have their financial ups and downs. Dealing with the downs can really test a relationship some days. I know when my hubby and I started seriously dating, we sat down and talked about money and our management styles. At first, we didn't line up. Some......
- Building Your Online Business How much are you spending to learn the tricks of the Internet marketing trade? Are you spending cash hand over fist in pursuit of an ideal approach to implement your business idea? Do you find yourself hitting the Buy Now button day after day, believing that you’re about to......
- The Hunt for Old Money Collectors are constantly looking for a new direction for their hobby and their collection. There are many who get into coin collecting by collecting some newer coins — many even stay within a few decades of coin collecting years, as the pieces are simply easier to find. At some point,......
- More Effective E-mail Marketing Made Simple Ask any experienced marketer – email marketing is a proven and solid approach to make a full-time income on the internet. Simple plan – send emails to folks who all have said they’d like to receive your emails. Once in a while, your email talks about a product, and you......
Welcome back! In today’s post, I’ll be covering List Building Tips 3 – 5. You may want to copy and paste all of the tips into a Word document so that you have easy access to them once we’re done. The key is to read the tips, make a plan as to how you can implement them, and then just go do it!
Tip #3 — Make A One-Time Customer Into A Lifetime Customer
The difference between the customers who buy from you one time and those who buy from you multiple times is oftentimes the amount of communication they receive after their initial transaction.
Even if your customer had a great experience with you, you are likely to fall to the back of their mind if they don’t hear from you for a while. If they receive follow-up emails from you, it’s an entirely different matter. You’ll be on their mind and you will likely create a lifetime customer after you consistently deliver.
I highly recommend that you implement a system of ongoing follow-up notices to your customers. If you don’t, you’ll be out of sight and out of mind. There are many other businesses out there that are vying for your customer’s attention and they’ll get the customer that you once had.
Tip #4 — Know That It’s Easier To Sell To A Previous Customer
This tip goes hand-in-hand with the previous tip. People are more likely to buy from someone they have bought from in the past, especially if it was a good experience. If you spend all your time chasing new customers, your profits are going to be far less than if you focus on keeping old customers happy and selling to them over and over again.
If you don’t have additional products to sell to your customers – send affiliate promotions for complementary products.
Tip #5 — Use List Building To Grow Your Income
There are so many different ways that having a list can add to your bottom line. We’ve already discussed that previous customers are more likely to buy from you, but that’s not where it stops. When you have a list, you can get people to look at your special offers and new products whenever you’d like. All it takes is a simple e-mail and you can literally pull in cash on demand.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Tips & Advantages in Buying and Using WheelChair Platform Lift Whenever a disabled person wants to reach higher places, they may find it hard to think of ideas to access up there without the discomfort feelings. Sometimes they use simple alternatives like those of thick metals or even block of woods to access upwards and downwards right away, without thinking......
- Get Inspired! Little Ways to Decrease your Carbon Footprint I figured that since everyone else was talking about the environment last week, since last week was Earth Day, that I would be original and give my thoughts this week. I have never been environmentally conscious, (I know I know I am awful) but after watching all the specials for Earth......
- Top 10 Sneakiest Business Tricks [/caption] There are a lot of marketing tricks that businesses use to drill into your brain that you you must buy their product. Being aware of these can help protect you from your subconscious mind. Of course, the flip side is that if you are business, you can use these......
- Top Five Reasons Corporate Blogs Are Vital As more companies get into the world of corporate blogging, the word is spreading that this is a great way to reach out to the public. There are five specific benefits that any company can reap as a result of setting up a corporate blog. 1. Cheap means of marketing.......
- Internet Network Marketing - Don't Be Broke And Stupid // Its not that hard to find success in internet network marketing if you duplicate what other successful marketers online are doing. But first we need to discuss what will cause you to fail. If your goal is to make money using your computer and the internet than increase......
Before We Get Started…Quick, without thinking about it,
what’s your number one list building strategy?
Nothing … say that out loud with me. If “nothings” your answer, then it’s time to look at it from another perspective. “Nothing” … will grow your traffic or your list faster than an effective affiliate program. Nothing.
You are only one person who can only do so much on your own. You only have 24 hours each day to get things done.
But, what if you could tap into the profit pulling power of hundreds, even thousands of other people? What if there was an entire sales army marching across the web, all promoting your product for you and helping you to build your lists of leads and customers?
You’d like that, wouldn’t you?
Ask ANY successful internet marketer on the planet what their #1 source of traffic is and, if they are honest, I’ll assure you that they’ll tell you it’s their affiliate program.
Seriously, find your favorite “guru” and ask them. Ask them if there is ANYTHING that comes close to their affiliate team.
Ask Jimmy D. Brown. Ask John Reese. Ask Mike Filsaime. Ask Frank Kern. Ask Ken Evoy. Ask Marlon Sanders. Ask Russell Brunson. Ask Derek Gehl. Ask Yanik Silver.
Ask ANYONE – don’t take my word for it.
None of these guys would be where they are today without their affiliate program. None of them.
Now, you can find out the secret to their success and duplicate it.
Whenever you speak with another Internet Marketer you’re probably likely to hear the following questions come up at some point:
Do you have a list?
How big is your list?
If your answer to these questions was “no” and “zero,” then the information in this blog post is definitely a place to start. On the other hand, if you do have an established list, there’s always room for improvement. I recommend that you make it a priority to continue to learn strategies for increasing your list size and also increasing the amount of income generated from it.
Having a list can literally be your ticket to earning the kind of income you dream of earning. Many marketers focus on getting to the top of the search engines to build their businesses, but having a list can literally “Google-proof” your income. If, heaven-forbid, you get dropped from the search engines tomorrow, there’s no need to close up shop – if you have a list.
It doesn’t matter whether your business is online or off; having your own list of customers or prospective customers means that you can get them to visit your website, blog, or store on command. This ability to summon traffic on command can keep your income steady through good times with Google and the not-so-good times.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be providing you with 101 List-Building tips. The tips are grouped by section. They are organized so that you can easily move through the different sections and apply the tips for list building, promotion, autoresponder copy, and making sales. I recommend that you read through all the tips, noting the tips that resonate with you. Then, go back through those tips and implement them into your business.
The important thing is that you don’t just read these tips — you have to put them into action. Whether you’re just starting with list-building or are an old pro, work through this document, applying the tips one tip per day or one section per day, and you’ll soon understand why the fortune is in the list.
Why Build A List?
Before you start building your list, it’s important to understand why you need one. Sure, you hear everyone saying that building a list is the “thing” to do, but if you don’t understand the reasons, you won’t be as motivated to do so.
Tip #1 — Build Your Own Business
While there is a lot to be said for getting to the top of the search engines and advertising to promote your business, there’s nothing like having your own list. A list is something that you control at all times. You control its size, your relationship with members, and even how much money you make.
By having a list, you are building your business on solid ground.
That’s not to say that search engine traffic isn’t wonderful and you should quit advertising. However, developing a list of leads or customers can be worth much more to you in the long run when combined with both of those methods of traffic.
Tip #2 — Understand That People Are More Likely To Buy From Those They Trust
You’ve probably noticed that it can be difficult to get new customers to buy from you. Some people simply will not buy from those they’ve never heard of and don’t have a relationship with. You will usually have to “presell” to them before they will make a purchase. This is especially true since identity theft and fraud have become more prevalent.
The good news is that people will join your list because they view it as a lower risk than making a purchase. All they need to do is hand over their e-mail address and they are “in.” This gives you the opportunity to gain their trust and build a relationship that can lead to repeat sales down the road.
That’s it for today! Stay tuned for more List Building Tips!
Magical Marketing, LLC
- The Significance Of Link Building Services Many individuals in right this moment’s enterprise world underestimate the significance of link building services. Link building services are designed to assist your net web page or website reach the top page rankings on Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask and quite a lot of different widespread search engines. In as we......
- Article Marketing - How Articles Help Promote Your Home Business Web Site Writing Articles is a great way to promote your home business web site and it's very easy to do. You can write articles that are related to your business and submit them to article directories. All it takes is take time to create the article and submit them. The......
- Sunday Roundup: Corporate Blogging, Web Traffic and SEO Tips Welcome to another edition of Buildify's roundup. We have more for you on best blogging practices, blogging tips, corporate blogging, gaining reader traffic and more. We hope you enjoy this little guide into a corner of the blogosphere. Tell us what you think or would like to see by leaving......
- 11 Tips to Get More Traffic to Your Corporate Blog Now that you have your blog set up, and you're beginning to post your useful and relevant content, you may be wondering why you are not driving incredible amounts of traffic to your site. You are already publishing, and days are going by, so why is no one stopping to......
- Discover The Ways That Google Analytics Can Help Your Internet Business Google Analytics remains a significantly efficient and no cost method that you are able to employ to locate critical data on your website visitors, each little detail which influences your total growth, and in what ways they interface with your site. Should you be entertaining the thought of utilizing a......
Jay Conrad Levinson is the author of the best-selling marketing series in history, “Guerrilla Marketing,” plus 30 other books. His books have sold 14 million copies worldwide. His guerrilla concepts have influenced marketing so much that today his books appear in 41 languages and are required reading in many MBA programs worldwide. Here’s what he has to say about what people want online…
What do People Want Online? It’s not what you think it is.
by Jay Conrad Levinson
Some folks see the web as a vast, new field for advertising messages, assuming that while people may want to do something else, if we can entice them with flash, we can sort of trick them into paying attention to our products and services.
Guess what. That’s not gonna happen.
Other folks seem to subscribe to the notion that people online are looking for entertainment on the Internet, and therefore they construct messages aimed at persuading while playing. And, in other cases, the time-honored direct-response model wins out: Grab people when you can, get ‘em to take an action, and then market, market, market. The answer may be that the consumer has and wants a lot more control than we give him/her credit for.
Today, webmeisters are in control. Sort of. In a perfect cyberworld, people will be in control. Sort of.
Two recent studies shed light upon this dilemma. One was conducted by Zatso. The other was conducted by the Pew Research Center. Zatso and Pew. (Those guys didn’t spend much time reading “how-to-name-your-company” books, I guess.) Still, both of their studies illuminated the answer as to what people want to do online.
The answer, as most answers, is very utilitarian: People want to accomplish something online. They’re not aimless surfers hoping to discover a cybertreasure. Instead, the average Net user turns out to be a goal-oriented person interested in finding information and communicating with others – in doing something he or she set out to do.
Look at the Zatso study. “A View of the 21st Century News Consumer” looked at people’s news reading habits on the web. It revealed that reading and getting news was the most popular online activity after email. The guerrilla thinks, “That means email is number one. How might I capitalize on that?”
One out of three respondents reported that they read news online every day, with their interests expanding geographically — local news was of the most interest, U.S. news the least.
Personalization was seen as a benefit, too. Seventy-five percent of respondents said that they wanted news on demand and nearly two out of three wanted personalized news. The subjects surveyed liked the idea that they, not some media outlet, controlled the news they saw. They feel they’re better equipped to select what they want to see than a professional editor. Again, control seems to be the issue. Again, guerrillas think of ways to market by putting the prospect in control.
The Pew Research Center study revealed that regular net users were more connected with their friends and family than those who didn’t use the Internet on a regular basis.
Almost two-thirds of the 3,500 respondents said they felt that email brought them closer to family and friends — significant when combined with the fact that 91% of them used email on a regular basis. That’s 91%. It took VCRs 25 years to achieve such market penetration.
What did people in this study seem to be doing online when they weren’t doing email? Half were going online regularly to purchase products and services, and nearly 75 percent were going online to search for information about their hobbies or purchases they were planning to make. Sixty-four percent of respondents visited travel sites, and 62 percent visited weather-related sites. Over half did educational research, and 54 percent were hunting for data about health and medicine.
A surprising 47 percent regularly visited government web sites, and 38 percent researched job opportunities. Instant messaging was used by 45 percent of these users, and a third of them played games online. Even with all the hype in the media, only 12 percent said they traded stocks online.
What does this mean to e-marketers? It means that if you’re constructing a site for goal-oriented consumers, you’d better make sure you can help facilitate their seeking. Rather than focus on entertainment, flash, and useless splash screens, the most effective sites are those that help people get the information they want when they need it. Straightforward data, information that invites comparison, and straight talk are going to win the day.
A client buddy of mine showed me his website which heralds his retail location and attempts to sell nothing online. He said it has been the biggest moneymaker in the history of his 35-year old company. Then he apologized for its lack of glitter and special effects. He asked how his site could be so successful even though it lacked anything to add razzmatazz and dipsydazzle.
Now, you know the answer.
Jay Conrad Levinson is probably the most respected marketer in the world. He is the inventor of “Guerrilla Marketing” and is responsible for some of the most outrageous marketing campaigns in history — including the “Marlboro Man” — the most successful ad campaign in history. In his latest book, “Put Your Internet Marketing on Steroids” Jay reveals how you can use marketing steroids legally to make your business insanely profitable.
Magical Marketing, LLC
- Email Marketing Strategies And Spam Words Today I am going to share with you one of my email marketing strategies. In just about every circle online you will hear people talk about how important building your list is, however just building a list isn't enough to make money online. Â Most people join something and are given......
- Email Marketing 101: The Basics To reach 10687 people, just hit send! Email marketing is a great way to reach large numbers of existing and potential customers easily and at very low cost. Unlike traditional direct mail, there are no production costs for the mail shots themselves, no envelopes to buy, no tedious envelope......
- Using CPA Marketing To Boost Your Online Business Profits CPA or Cost per Action marketing has been around for quite sometime now. Big name marketing gurus as well as new experts have come in this niche and have called CPA marketing as the new, fast way to generate an online income, which could go into thousands of dollars a......
- How To Successfully Create An Online Marketing Funnel Without having an online marketing funnel you are not going to be able to tap into the huge potential of money that is out there to be made. The problem with pretty much all business opportunities is they do not address this problem. They are just concerned with you bringing......
- Email Marketing - Are Your List Building Campaigns Paying Off? A famous phrase used often in web marketing is that the money is in the list. No question there is some semblance of truth to the famous quote. Nonetheless, what is more essential for your long range business goals is a responsive mailing list. Long gone are the days when......
This Magical Marketing blog that you are reading today is a direct result of my participation in Jimmy D. Brown’s Affiliatenaire program. Read Jimmy’s guest editorial to learn how this great product will work for you!
How to Make a Fortune Promoting Other People’s Products
By Jimmy D. Brown of “Affiliatenaire”
There must be a reason why some affiliates succeed and some fail, a reason why some affiliates profit moderately and some affiliates profit substantially.
There must be a reason.
And that reason is this: “super” affiliates start, sustain and strengthen relationships with subscribers.
It begins and ends with a list. Even a small one can be a powerful, profitable mechanism if you follow these 7 guidelines…
1. CAPTURE THE OPTIN FIRST.
Instead of sending traffic directly to your affiliate link, send them to YOUR site where you offer some kind of list for them to join. (Hint: Mini-course works best) Once you have them on a list, they become an asset. If you send them directly to an affiliate page and they don’t buy, they’re gone forever.
On your list, you can follow-up with them indefinitely.
Note: You can even redirect them to your affiliate link AFTER they join your list, effectively getting them where you wanted them to go in the first place.
2. DIFFERENTIATE THE OFFER.
Instead of sending out the same, tired, lame advertisement that every other affiliate in the world sends out, write your own. Trust me when I say that many people find it OFFENSIVE when they receive two dozens duplicate emails from two dozen list owners all promoting the exact same thing in the exact same way.
And even if they don’t find it offensive, it’s not as effective if you simply rinse and repeat what everyone else is doing. Hint: Here’s how you differentiate…
3. SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.
Nothing – nothing – nothing speaks louder than RESULTS. If you want to lose a few pounds, who do you turn to? Someone who is still struggling with their own weight or someone you’ve seen drop 35 pounds? Exactly.
The way you make your mailings / ads different is you speak from your own personal experience. This product or service that you are promoting as an affiliate, how has it been useful to you personally? What results have you personally achieved? When you used it, what happened?
Note: If you haven’t personally used the product, then shame on you for trying to make a quick buck from it hocking it to others!
4. OFFER A COMPELLING INCENTIVE.
Another way to be different – and to dramatically increase your chances of getting a sale as an affiliate – is to offer some kind of compelling incentive if someone buys the offer through YOUR referral link. Whether it’s a special report or access to an audio recording, personalized consultation or advertising, a private training call or existing products and services, this
can be a highly effective method of converting fence-setters into paying customers.
In order for it to work well, it must be UNIQUE (I.E. You’re the only one making the offer) and USEFUL (I.E. Something of great perceived value to the reader).
Note: Don’t have anything to offer? Don’t worry! There are many ways to easily obtain extra incentives: conduct an interview, hire a ghostwriter to create articles / reports for you, buy reprint rights to other products, assemble a bunch of free articles and other resources into a private access site, etc.
5. LOOK FOR RESIDUAL OPPORTUNITIES.
Rather than exhaust your efforts on purchases that give you a one-time commission, why not make the most of your marketing by looking firstly for offers that pay out ONGOING monthly commissions for your referred sales? There are many different residual income generating services such as membership sites (ranging from PT Cruisers to weight loss), stock photos and clipart, hosting, autoresponders, databases (from hiking trails to sermon outlines) online magazines and a variety of other subscription based opportunities that reward you with monthly recurring commissions.
While you definitely want a mix of types of affiliate programs to promote, your priority should be in identifying and promoting those services and programs that will pay you month after month, instead of only one time.
6. BUILD A SALES ARMY.
One of the biggest untapped sources of income in any list is that of “turning subscribers into partners”. In other words, find those on your list who are interested in making money and provide them with training and materials to promote affiliate programs as well.
This has a two-fold advantage for YOU:
* First, if you find 2-tier affiliate programs, you can get your subscribers to join the program through your referral. Anytime they get a sale, you’ll earn a commission as well. You effectively get free commissions from their effort.
* Secondly, you can use their efforts to build your own assets. For example: If you provide them with a 10-page report to give away to promote their affiliate link, you can include a page in the report promoting YOUR list! You effectively get free subscribers from their effort.
7. MONETIZE FOR MULTIPLE STREAMS.
As your own list continues to grow, you certainly want to diversify in your offerings. (Not to the point of bombarding your list with offers every day of course!)
* Promote other affiliate programs.
* Create your own products. (Even short $10 reports will earn profit!)
* Establish joint ventures.
* Co-author products.
* Cross promote.
* Conduct surveys.
There are MANY ways to make money from you list and keep your list growing, growing, growing!
Remember, it all comes down to: starting, sustaining and strengthening relationships with subscribers.
And that’s how you make a fortune as an affiliate promoting other people’s products.
Jimmy D. Brown is the author of “Affiliatenaire”, teaching you how to create big-time affiliate commission checks in only 1-3 hours each week. Discover how you can get cash in the bank without a website, experience or even an idea! Visit http://www.magicalmarketingllc.com/affiliatenaire.htm
Magical Marketing, LLC
- $3,202.52 in Online Income For July 09 Summer is flying by really quickly. It seems like IÂ just wrote about myÂ $7,353 in Q2Â onlineÂ income and now its time for another update! July has been a stellar month and I managed to pull in just over $3,200 in online income. As usual, Ebay was my biggest earner with nearly 33%......
- Using Article Marketing - How To Optimize Each Article You Write Article Marketing is a powerful, effective and crucial method of Affiliate Marketing that will help teach you the in's and out's of Affiliate Marketing with no financial risk. Article Marketing for most can seem like a boring, tedious approach as the method requires patience, hard work and most importantly time.......
- Writing Your Way Through The Marketing World: Using Article Marketing To Assist In Affiliate Promoting Article promotion has been around way before online media has been invented. Business firms have been observed to plug their services and products thru the written media even before the Net was invented. And with the commencement of the web, online article marketing has become a simpler way of promotion......
- What To Do When Affiliate Marketing Business Fails ? Failures are the steps to success. Not all kind of online businesses are winning. A great idea may go mad, on the another side a silly stupid idea may go great. We could not predict the reality many times. But when proper approach, right steps are followed you may not......
- How To Review A Product For Promoting Online ? Its great idea to promote a product by writing a review. And you must know how to review a product ? first. Every one who is looking to buy a product from Internet will read reviews. Reviews are generally a practical information about a product and a way of sharing......